G body frame braces !!

Murdock

Any body use the front frame braces from a MC or other G body? I have a few sets of these and havnt got around to putting one on my GN...Just looking for some feedback on them. Thanks

I'm using the frame braces from an Olds Cutlass Supreme. Makes a big difference in the "feel" of the car. Rides more solid. :)

Got your message. Are you talking about the triangulating braces? If so, then yes, they're a nice upgrade. Especially if you remove the front swaybar.
I don't remember if you have a stock location IC or not. If you do, those braces can sometimes interfere.
I'm going for a cruise this afternoon. Text me directions to your house and I'll stop by in an hour or two if your not busy. scott

i assume i have to thread the hole in order to bolt the brace to the center...correct??

i thought they were, but wanted to make sure before i screw somethig up..lol thanks for the info !!

I have all the frame braces as well and honestly, my car corners like a whale. Heck, I think my caddy cornered better than my GN!:eek: I guess it doesn't hurt but I cannot tell a big difference in the handling. Maybe the HR rear sway bar and LCA's is the next step for me...;)

Also, before I get flamed, I have new Bilsteins all the way around, & Energy Bushings all in the front end as well.

I just got done installing them...definately an improvement...but i couldnt install my cross brace, only the two angle pieces, my intercooler pipes get in the way....now with having the stock rear sway bar, do i still want to keep my front one on or drop it??

Keep it. Taking it off is a a tradeoff. You'd rather give up street drivability and handling in favor of a more drag race / weight transfer setup.
If you want to see what it wil be like, just unbolt the end links and take it for a drive.