Gas Crisis of 1975 will be here in the Summer

A

AsphaltAnihil8r

Heard this on the radio,they say that our oil reserve has never been this low since the crisis in 1975,I remember the long lines (8yrs old),in the back of a 1971 442,,they say the by Summer the gas will be in the range of $3.00 and up....

Stock up now

We got throught it in 1973, and we'll get through whatever comes today :)

I used to fly over the tank farms (the big tanks where they store oil and gas). In 1971 and 1972, they were almost empty....During the "crisis" they were full :eek:

Its all about hysteria and panic. Don't do either. Make alternate plans to get to and from work and school and the grocery store and you'll be fine :)

I remember hearing the same rumors last spring about rising gas prices for the summer months....it never happened.

Also why can't someone do something about the price of gas going up 20-30 cents overnight for no reason.

And why can't the price go down 20-30 cents? That would be a nice surprise.

Originally posted by DKREDT
Time to turn the spigots on in Iraq.
Start ringing the oil out of them turbins....WTF are we there for anyhow,,ohh yeah WMD...See all those wussy counties cry that we will take over the oil ,,,and what do we doturn into wussies ourselves....
:(

Our local paper says the price of gasoline is up because the oil companies are making heating fuel for the NE and thus cutting back on gasoline production.

Originally posted by DKREDT
Time to turn the spigots on in Iraq.

Exactly. They'll create a "shortage". Folks will panic and be outraged and demand the government do something. Hmmm. What to do....well, we do have this Iraq oil sitting around thanks to good 'ol GW. What's that? It's an election year, too? Wow, what a co-inky-dink.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
Exactly. They'll create a "shortage". Folks will panic and be outraged and demand the government do something. Hmmm. What to do....well, we do have this Iraq oil sitting around thanks to good 'ol GW. What's that? It's an election year, too? Wow, what a co-inky-dink.

Jim

NICE!!:D :D

There's absolutely positively NO way gas will hit $3 this summer...if it did, your pal Dubya won't get hisself re-elected!

Ergo, gas won't hit $3 until AFTER the election...

:D

Lets don't forget the equation. More people, more energy use. Saw it tonight on news: A record high energy use occured last week.
Dont be so quick to blame big bad oil companies. Remember, the left wing media has made anything associated with the word oil bad. So the result is a citizenry which is horrified with drilling /exploration. Albeit just as consumptive as ever. So Natural gas recovery/exploration is at a very low point due to onerous environMENTAL regs. This is covered up by the media. Just like when gas spikes in late Spring. It always happens because it is a logistical nightmare for the refineries to put out the 25 different Summer blends of gasoline required by the nazi EPA.
We have cleaned the air, and made huge strides in water quality-it is now time to reduce or at least stabilize the amount of consumers, and to interject sanity into environMENTAL issues. Oh how I dream.

The record use for energy was 'cause OUR A$$es were freezing! My furnace was running nonstop for days. 25* yesterday felt like spring.

Originally posted by Pronto
The record use for energy was 'cause OUR A$$es were freezing! My furnace was running nonstop for days. 25* yesterda felt like spring.

AMEN! Wasn't that nice.;)

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
AMEN! Wasn't that nice.;)

It's a balmy 28 this morning, but with a "wintry mix". Read: rain, sleet, and snow all at once. Looks to be mostly snow now, though.

It's a pain sometimes, but I like the 4 seasons we get in this neck of the woods. Past few years "Winter" has been kind of a fallish-spring thing, but this year it's for real.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
It's a balmy 28 this morning, but with a "wintry mix". Read: rain, sleet, and snow all at once. Looks to be mostly snow now, though.

It's a pain sometimes, but I like the 4 seasons we get in this neck of the woods. Past few years "Winter" has been kind of a fallish-spring thing, but this year it's for real.

Jim

yeah and it sucks!!!!!! lol

Originally posted by fly89gta
yeah and it sucks!!!!!! lol

It does kinda suck, but when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity I'll be wishing it was snowing.

It was eerily quiet yesterday and I was trying to figure out why. Turns out the furnaces had caught up and shut off.

Jim

doh, that sucks man.

Not the best of weather to have your furnace take a crap on ya :(

I don't know about up by you(not that you're far from me) but it's all rain here now...maybe SOME of this crap will melt a little

Gas will NEVER hit $3.00 a gallon for 87 here in the midwest. It isn't about profits, shortages, gluts, production, etc.

Oil companies are smart. They find the threshold of pain, and ride that number as best they can.

The threshold of midwest Americans is about $2.25 a gallon. That's where everyone forms commitees and startslooking into "price gouging"

The price will go up - but watch it climb over the $2.00 mark, the citizens start to put on the heat, and it will come back down before anyone gets close enough to really look at what the oil companies are doing.

Write it down folks - then come back and tell me how right I was!

Originally posted by tjthorson
Gas will NEVER hit $3.00 a gallon for 87 here in the midwest. It isn't about profits, shortages, gluts, production, etc.

Oil companies are smart. They find the threshold of pain, and ride that number as best they can.

The threshold of midwest Americans is about $2.25 a gallon. That's where everyone forms commitees and startslooking into "price gouging"

The price will go up - but watch it climb over the $2.00 mark, the citizens start to put on the heat, and it will come back down before anyone gets close enough to really look at what the oil companies are doing.

Write it down folks - then come back and tell me how right I was!

Putting this in a quote so you cant take your works back now---no delete for you bud...
Todd how the new business going,you need to buy a whole slue of WRW wagons since its a tax write off...;) ;)