Gas Wars! (good for us)

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
Hey Guys, gas prices are dropping up here in Wahiawa, the new Vista station(next to big-way burger) and Texaco(next to Zippy's and across from Vista) are $1.61.9/$1.69.9/$1.78.9 lets hope this is a sign of good things to come!-Rob-

-------------------------------------------

'85 T-Type, dead, still no time to fix, I'll get to it someday :( :( :cool:

Hey Rob,

I'll be a believer when the "big boys" start dropping prices, (chevron, 76, etc...) and NOT 2-3 cents, either!:D
The profits these guys are making is unreal. :eek: I truly hope they get what's coming to them for ripping off a "captive audience." Thanks for the heads-up. Getting cold up there yet, Rob? Take care.

Steve

Cold country

Hey Steve, It's always colder up north here in Wahiawa, usually al least 5 degrees F cooler than Mililani (maybe because of the lake, dunno for sure) but at least for you its not too far for cheap gas, what part of Mililani u in? -Rob-:cool:

Gas Gas Gas

Chevron on Middle street closest to Ft. Shafter..92 octane there is $1.98, the cheapest I've seen yet from Chevron. More up the road by Gulick, Freedom Gas has 92 octane at $1.89. Is the Freedom Gas Station using the same petro as Tesoro? I seen the Tesoro tanker replenishing Freedom's tanks one morning. oh well...but it's good to see prices dropping:) ...slowly:confused:...but dropping:D

Chris

Gas...

Chris, Tesoro does supply for Freedom, I see them @ Mililani all the time BTW, where in Ewa are you, are the two T/R's by the church yours?let me know...Rob-:cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
'85 T-Type, Stock, dead timing chain.... someday:( :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:

naw...i seen those two TRs by the church...damn lucky bugga...i bet they run too...:D :D...mines is sitting in the shade waiting..:p

Price or quality?!?!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that only 76 is refined (or what ever you call) it in the mainland. The rest are done here locally. Therefore some claim it's a better grade of gas. I, too, want to see lower prices at the pump, but at the same time, I want the best. I know this sounds like overkill, but I have car friends that were racing before I was born, and they swear by it.

On the other side of the coin, 12 gallons of any 92 and 3 gallons of xylene, who cares where it's processed.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

don't need gas, need it to run first!

Hey Chris, at least we both have something in common, Dead 'T's, BTW what is wrong with your alternator bracket anyway? can it be welded? -Rob-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The guy up north with the other "hibernating" T:confused:

the alternator bracket cracked in three places..all where it was bolted down on the engine. I dont think it could be welded at all. I contacted the guy shipped me the other bracket which was meant for the NA Regals. so hes sending me another one...i hope this one fits right...as soon as it gets in.