You can type here any text you want

Gasket??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BAD_GN

1BAD_GN
What is the type and size of the gasket that connects the turbo to the downpipe? stock turbo and dp...Need help

I used sce copper gaskets sce-4672 dp gasket and sce-4172 for turbo to header gaskets.no problems yet.

What is the type and size of the gasket that connects the turbo to the downpipe? stock turbo and dp...Need help

There isn't one, at the most a thin layer of copper RTV works well. Using a regular gasket interferes with the waste-gate flapper.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I just took my stock turbo off a few weeks ago. It had never been off. There was no gasket between the stock exhaust housing and stock elbow. The only gasket I ran into was a donut-type that went from the elbow to the downpipe. Is the donut gasket (the one that goes between the pipe and the exhaust elbow) the one you're referring to?

Ah, I was thinking of between the elbow part of the DP & the turbo. If you remove the elbow just use a thin coat of the copper RTV.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back