You can type here any text you want

Gateway Tue 6/3 Cancelled, Wed 6/4 Iffy...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bret Kepner

Immediately following the conclusion of the Hot Rod Reunion and Nostalgia Drags on Sunday, June 1st, Gateway International Raceway shut down to effect repairs on the electronic glitch which has affected several events in the past month. Although the source of the problem is still unknown, GIR elected to simply rewire the track rather than continue to deal with the timing system manufacturer who, so far, has offered very little insight to determine the problem.

Work crews began pulling wiring this morning; they plan to flush all conduits and begin new wiring this afternoon and evening. Because the new wiring job will probably not be completed before tomorrow evening, GIR has cancelled the scheduled SCSS event on Tuesday, June 3rd. However, they are hoping to finish the wiring by Wednesday in order to run the scheduled Test-N-Tune on June 4th.

Personally, I think they should've just canned the Wednesday event, too, and planned to reopen on the weekend but I don't run the place.

Spread the word and I'll post the status of Wednesday's event as soon as possible.

Back