You can type here any text you want

GBODY aluminum GN wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detomaso71

I am pretty sure the 8 inch aluminum wheel with 275 MT will fit but what's about 295 or larger MT with the 10 inch wheel?
I don't want to roll fender or notch frame or use spacers.

Looking for a stock appearing wheel and more traction. As for brake and rotor upgrade last what will fit in these wheels?
Aerospace only?

Thx

295/55/15 works well on the 10" rim but its tight. I think the only reason mine don't rub the fender lip is because I keep some pressure in the airbags to raise the rear a little. I have thought about rolling the lip and lowering the rear.

I had the 295 on my 8 inch wheel on last car and was tight but didn't rub
But again was not a 10 inch wheel

I just got the 10" rims and mounted a 295/50 American Racer dot tire for a car I am building. No rub on frame and lips are rolled, car is lowered an inch and have airbags. I know I ll have to keep air in the bags to make sure no rub on lips under launch or big bump. But they fit with no frame notch. They are wide as all get out. No mistaking it for a stock rim though. Stay with the 8" if you want stock appearing.

I just installed a set of those wheels 275/60/15 rears on 10" rims had to trim the outer fender wells considerably but came out well. What didn't work was the supplied lug nuts which were 13/16 hex. Even a thin shell socket wouldn't work because of the small diameter recess in the wheel & wound up using the stock nuts. The other problem is the center section is thicker & the stock studs are a bit too short for comfort. Dorman makes a stud pt. num. 610-323 that are an inch longer with the right thread & knurl.

Yes I had to buy a special thinwall bluepoint flip socket off the snap on truck for those. Pretty sucky choice of lug size / hole bore.

Sounds great. Sounds like I'm going to need it. I only did a test fit on the wheels to check clearance and didn't have to wrench them down yet.

For my rears I used a 3/4 hollow nut because of the 3" wheel studs. Any socket works on those. But the fronts I used the supplied nuts and needed that special thinwall flip impact socket.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna get the 8 inch ones on the back since this is mainly a streetcar

Back