You can type here any text you want

Gen 6 DFI is killing me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TMGN

Ok ,I was having trouble sending any changes to the ecm.It allowed me to do everything else but that.I kept getting a timeout error.I eas told it was doing this because I was running the program on a shortcut through windows.So I took windows completely out of my laptop and installed DOS 6.21 .Thenre installed.Now I can read whats in the ECM but I cant sve any files at all.I keep getting File Not Found.It also says this if I try to edit file or sve any file.Please help.I've been messing with this thing for months.Thanks Tony

I had some issues like that also. I think you better put windows back in and dont run the dfi from a shortcut. DO you have the windows cd rom, or does the computer only have floppy drive?

In order to read your data without windows your will have to run a ms dos editor. I think its included in some versions of dos. But it goes back too far for me.

My suggestion is format again, install windows 95/98. WHen you want to run calmap run it at startup only!

Do this by , going to start, run and type in sysedit.

In the autoexec popup at the bottome type in

cd\calmap

calmap.exe

close the box, and say yes save the changes

restart the computer with the ignition on and ecm connected.You should be all set.

Back