You can type here any text you want

Gen 6 DFI users...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EightSecV6

MDBL
I am having some major issues with a Gen6 at the shop on a blown SBC. For some reason, the ESC is pulling various amounts of timing out of the engine at different RPM, however, it has no ESC or knock sensor wired in. Is there any way to disable the ESC on a GEN 6? I sure cant find it, these things are getting more and more rare by the day! Never had this one happen before....

Originally posted by EightSecV6
I am having some major issues with a Gen6 at the shop on a blown SBC. For some reason, the ESC is pulling various amounts of timing out of the engine at different RPM, however, it has no ESC or knock sensor wired in. Is there any way to disable the ESC on a GEN 6? I sure cant find it, these things are getting more and more rare by the day! Never had this one happen before....

Does the engine have a slight miss?.
An open or partically open plug wire can generate alot of Radio Frequency Interference, and be picked up in the ecm's harness, and in bad cases, thur the ecm box itself.
A shorted alternator diode can do it too, since that can feed some A/C spikes into the electrical system.

Can you try another ecm?.

I had one car, with a bad heater motor, that generated enough RFI to drive the ecm nutso.

Back