You can type here any text you want

Gen 6x ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttpower

on a cast iron headed tt motor, approx. 9.8-1.. 14psi, how much timing should i b able to get away with?? right now at 8psi at 5k im at 140+ in the bfm and around 18 deg timing , on the dfi's a/f im around 13.3-13.7 no knock... i have 50# in there now.. where should i b at? more timing? less? what do you guys run? thanx so much

Originally posted by ttpower
on a cast iron headed tt motor, approx. 9.8-1.. 14psi, how much timing should i b able to get away with?? right now at 8psi at 5k im at 140+ in the bfm and around 18 deg timing , on the dfi's a/f im around 13.3-13.7 no knock... i have 50# in there now.. where should i b at? more timing? less? what do you guys run? thanx so much

Tune for performance, not to a number.
Start in the lower rpm ranges, adding a little and see what the plugs look like.

I've seen two really similiar engines and one liked 18d and the other 24d.

thanx for you quick response.. yes i am taking baby steps w her.. now my timing curve should start to look like a U more or less right? more initial tim.. then pullin out for the torque curve.. then back in for hp?

Back