You can type here any text you want

Gen 7 or FAST what works for you??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6banger

Slower Traffic Keep Right
Fellas,
I should have the Stage II car I`ve been after by the end of the month:D Any input on the advantages, disadvantages, horror stories ect. of which system you`re running would be greatly appreciated. This car will see both street and strip time.

TIA,
Jim

Lucky Dog Charters

The FAST worked. I did not feel like I got my moneys worth over the old Gen6 SFI. So I pulled out the FAST and went back to the Gen6. I was not impressed with the FAST. The GEN 7 I helped install on a mustang was easy to use had instructions we had car running in Minutes and tuned in close the first day. Either will get the job done but I like the Gen 7.

Lonnie,

Sorry you had trouble with a FAST, I've had quite the opposite experience. Took out my old PITA Accel , put in a Fast and never looked back. The FAST unit have been the unit of choice by most all Buick owners I have dealt with. The mere fact thy are so easy to work with has helped many a customer to be able easily and qickly dial them in. Being a distributor for both system, has allowed me the opportunity to work with both, I still prefer the FAST units. The support is excellent, the product and service are second to none. I supply my customers with a starter program to match their injectors and am always available for help. It doesn't get better than that.
just my opinion

i talked to the local emic here in WNY< he experssed problems with the gen 7 sys, and he said that the gen 7 + was accels way to fix the probs, he said that some of the original ecm had some pretty big problems, he spoke very highly of this system when it first came out, he said he now recomends the electromotive sys, i don't know if he is being truthful or trying to put me in the more expensive system, i will wait a bit loner before buying the fuel injection ecm until i can be assured which one is the best.
Grant

Originally posted by n20junkie
i talked to the local emic here in WNY< he experssed problems with the gen 7 sys, and he said that the gen 7 + was accels way to fix the probs, he said that some of the original ecm had some pretty big problems, he spoke very highly of this system when it first came out, he said he now recomends the electromotive sys, i don't know if he is being truthful or trying to put me in the more expensive system, i will wait a bit loner before buying the fuel injection ecm until i can be assured which one is the best.
Grant

Are you reffering to Turbo People? I have found that most of the emic dealers that sell both will try to sell what is on the shelf. Turbo People seem to be straight shooters.

I sell both systems. Right now gen 7 has a CLEAR advantage over the fast. I work for ramchargers and have the advantage of great customer suppurt with both products, and plenty of people to bug :) While i leaned towards the fast at first, i saw that the GEN 7 was going to give me the best benfit vs. cost.

GEN 7 INCLUDES: Brand new complete engine wiring harness, narrow band 02 sensor, 2 bar map, 2 coolant sensors, an IAT sensor, software , calmap cable, and an ecu. THIS BOX COMES SEQUENTIAL at no extra charge. Software includes a data logger, a BOOST BUILDER (in the 7 plus), built in 2 step, VE software, and a 3 stage n20 controller. It will also control all of the following: A/C clutch disable, coolant fan, fuel pump, and TCC ( im using my tcc output to control my gear vendor overdrive) .

Additional benifits with the engine wiring harness include the ability to go from one vehicle to another. Tired of turbo buicks and want to run a n20 mustang? no problem. simply unhook the injector and ignition adapter harnesses, purchase the correct adapters, move harness from one vehicle to the next, remap software and you are done. There are also outputs such as shiftlight and the above mentioned controlled functions.

Wide band is an extra 900.

A similar fast system is 3500 when converted to sequential, + additional cost for a data logger , ect.

The plus isnt a "fix" for the gen 7...just a newer version.. remember its almost a year old now.

Originally posted by n20junkie
i talked to the local emic here in WNY
Grant

Grant,

Turbo People in NYC are NY's largest Gen 7 (+) dealer and
factory-certified installer. They have likely got more first-hand experience on more Gen 7 systems than any shop on the East Coast...If not #1, certainly in the Top 3. They've been nationally known & respected for a long time.

Do give them a call for their well-deserved and hard-earned opinion(s) and recommendations while you are in the process of making your own personal decision.

HTH :)

Back