You can type here any text you want

general cost of FAST system for buicks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Roughly $2000-3000 depending on WBO2 Sequential / Bank, etc.

I don't recall who sells them.

Just some food for thought before you drop that kind of $$$ for a FAST system. You might look into a chip from some of the programers out there like turbotweak.com that have chips with fuel and timing adjustabiltiy built into them. Also, we're now starting to see chips that use a WB O2 in conjunction with the stock O2 that allow the user to run a predetermined A/F ratio at WOT while using the stock O2 for part throttle driving. These advancements in chip programming make the stock ECM similiar the FAST systems at a fraction of the cost. Don't get me wrong, the FAST systems are nice and will do other things the factory ECM will not, but there is a lot of money to be saved or to be used on other "go fast" parts by sticking with the OE ECM. There is something to be said about keeping it simple. JMO

We sell a Wide band B2B for $1975 including a start up program and LOTS of tech support.

C.W.,

We carry the FAST system, you would probably want a B2B system, it comes complete with the nicest jumper harness on the \market. As well as a starter program, support and even includes an extra harness to tie in your new map sensor through the maf harness. No cutting of wires necessary. As for saving money with a chip, I don't think so, by the time you have spent money to purchase all that is needed to have some tunibility, you could have purchased a FAST system. MAF, fancy chips, scan tools and software, muiltiple injector upgrades along the way, WBO2 kits, etc.,etc...... adds up to some pretty good change.

Thanks for the replies, I am still trying to decide what direction I want to go, but I really appreciate the quick responses.

I couldn't get my car to run right last year and went with a FAST from Cotton's. I was able to sell the stuff I know longer needed like the MAF, Scanmaster etc. and the helped quite a bit with the cost. I would say you could get your net cost down to close to $1000 plus never have to worry about chips again. BTW, my car ran MUCH better with FAST than chips. Like a new (and faster) car!

Bob,

You forgot about the side effects of upgrading to a FAST................ like running .5 faster with 2\3rds of the boost. Bob was stuck at 12.0 at about 24lbs of boost, now he can run 11.50 on about 19lbs in a full weight plus car. I ran 11.95 on 15lbs of boost 2 weeks ago with Bob's car, lifting 3 seconds beore the finish line, with an almost street tuneup on it. The bad thing is Bob now needs to put a cage in if he wants to go any faster. :cool:

Oh yea, I guess I forgot the specifics of the benefit I saw from the FAST. But that was implied in the "MUCH better" comment. The first time we ran fast and were dialing it in it was scary how much better the car ran and that was on the street. Once you go there, you will wonder why you fussed around all those years with chips and bandaids to the stock ECU.

Okay -- I'll ask -- What IS this FAST system?

Hey guys-- recently back into a GN. My stats are in my signature. Would this FAST system be a normal next step for me? I'm havinga bear of a time tuning the car.

jp

With your combo, you shouldn't need a FAST. It usually benefits cars running in the 11's or quicker with larger turbo's and injectors. I would say 50# injectors at a minimum.

Back