You can type here any text you want

getting sick of this car!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

john evans

when it's running right it's great,but, when there are tuning issues or no starts or slipping transmissions or really weird scanmaster info,i almost feel like throwing in the towel.i was the guy that got stranded on labor day. had to tow home and then the car started normally.well after replacing the fuel pump relay , it's wire harness and the oil pressure switch.it still starts every time.i took it for a cruise tonight.had the digital egt on and the scanmaster.got on the car, 22psi,pulled like a train, but looked at my scanmaster numbers and saw.031 o2's and 31 degrees of knock.wtf!my egt was 1488 degrees.the car pulled hard , no nose over.like it was out of fuel.i don't know.tomarrow i'm going to put a fuel pressure gauge up on the windshield and beat it again. see if fuel is falling off or if it's a problem with the scanmaster.egt shouldn't lie , right?sorry form ranting, just very frustrated and tired of spending money on it.by the way i have julio's pac on the car. blue nob turned to 2'oclock.

With those crazy O2 numbers I'd start by replacing the O2 sensor and trying a few passes with the new one and see what the SM looks like. If those EGT numbers are somewhat consistant with a full WOT 1/4 mile pass; your PIG fat and need to do whatever to lean that sucker way out! Look for EGT's in the lower 1600 degree area and watch/feel it wake up. I feel your pain bra, italways something with these things!! I've been messing with the the LC2 powered cars since 1990 and sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel as well. The only thing that keeps me coming back is how much power the Bucik LC2 is capable of making with very little $$$....reliability is another topic all together.

I'v gotten readings like that before. I just retune the fueling and work boost back up again. Like turbov6joe said, pig rich.And thats what it sounds like to me from my experience.

HTH
Bo

Get an AFS20 O2 sensor AC Delco.

Ya better not buy a Bosch.. or you'll be :mad:

And.... you need to look at O2 and knock numbers "after" you've been on the gas for a little.. motor mounts, down pipes, timing chains, belt tensionsers, tranny, etc all can cuase the knock sensor to flare to a zillion...

EGT's sound like its rich.. You may need to drop fuel pressure a little..

And always after the car's been sitting,... hit the "test/prime" button on the controller until the motor stumbles a little before going WOT. This makes sure the lines are full.

HTH

thanks guys for the info.my o2 sensor is new , ac delco as per razors instruction about 6 months ago.no leaded fuel has been through the gas tank.the one thing that i did was as the car shifted to 2nd after i made a turn to go straight,is when i jumped on it for just i gear change and then i got out of it.{short section of road}i'm going to put the fuel gauge up on the windshield and take it out to the highway and do a slow full throttle engagement in 3rd gear and watch the fuel pressure.that o2 number w/ the rich egt didn't make sense.sometimes driving one of these cars can be a real circus trying to keep track of all the info.stab and go would be nice and not have to worry all the time.thanks for the comments.12 year buick owner. :mad: :biggrin:

Back