You can type here any text you want

girdle in tta

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I just got my RJC girdled 109 block down into my TTA. I had to do a SLIGHT k frame notch to keep the oil pan from hitting just behind where the brake line runs across the top of the k frame. I could have notched the pan, but I didn't want to worry about the pan leaking and I was in a hurry. I feel it's easier to weld a panel into the k-frame notch and not have to worry about leaking oil. I figure anyone putting a girdled motor in isn't too worried about being all original.

50,000 original mile car with original motor mounts.

Just a little input for someone thinking about doing it.

Have any pics? Does the oil pan hang lower than the intercooler scoop?

Jason

Yeah I have a picture or two I could put up on monday when I'm back at work. The oil pan sump didn't hang as low as the stock intercooler scoop. It's still pretty well protected by the k frame. It's about even or maybe a hair lower than the k frame.

You have to modify pan, or modify K-member. I chose pan since its reversible.. car only has 19K miles.

Bottom of pan hangs down even with K-member. Take your factory pan, lower it 3/4 of an inch.. there ya go.

or put a tubular K frame in it and after your done someone can restore the car with the old uncut stock k frame :eek: :p

grump, I havent heard anything good about the tubular K. TTA850 had one and it was cracking his strut towers or something.

Jason

grump, I havent heard anything good about the tubular K. TTA850 had one and it was cracking his strut towers or something.

Jason

it depends how the car is set up .. hell I have had mine in my tta for years !!!! oh wait a min.. I havent driven it yet :rolleyes: Have a 9 sec street Camaro here that my car is set up like... NO problems :p

I dont care if u have tubular k-members at the track or a 98% strip car.

Run them on the street and drive them everyday and then u wil find out how long they truly dont last :-)

Been there done that and seen lots of others too.

later
Jeremy

Back