You can type here any text you want

gm f/B-body brakes on g-body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

futten

wondered if anyone has done a f body or b body brake conversion on theyre car i saw the b body you can get both 11 and 12 inch rotors and was wondering if anyone has done the 12 inch and then put 15 inch wheels on and not have clearance issues i kinda wanted to get a brake kit from a company called SSBC but both charlie and a local friend has advised me a b body conversion to make the brakes more serviceable

I just did the 12" 98-02 F-Body brakes on my car. No way a 15" wheel will clear them. Had to run a spacer and clearance the calipers a bit to get my 16" GTAs not to hit. I'm using a late model S-10 spindle. If I were to do it again, I'd just use that spindle and the stock S-10 brake. I think they are 10.75" or something like that. It was alot of work making the caliper brackets work together.

I just did the 12" 98-02 F-Body brakes on my car. No way a 15" wheel will clear them. Had to run a spacer and clearance the calipers a bit to get my 16" GTAs not to hit. I'm using a late model S-10 spindle. If I were to do it again, I'd just use that spindle and the stock S-10 brake. I think they are 10.75" or something like that. It was alot of work making the caliper brackets work together.

this contradicts an answer i got on this very forum about a year ago about using the LS1 brakes with GTA's.. a few people said that they cleared with a lot of room left over with no grinding of any kind.

15" T-type wheels fit fine with B-Body Spindles and 12" 1LE brakes.

15" T-type wheels will also work with BAER 12" brakes with Corvette Calipers.

The Steel GN 15" wheels won't work with 12" brakes. 11" is max with those.

The B-body brakes space the wheels out about 3/8", so don't get B-body "drop Spindles" because the tire will likely hit the fender during suspension travel.

This outward spacing allows "rear" GTA's to be run in front with pretty good fitment.

this contradicts an answer i got on this very forum about a year ago about using the LS1 brakes with GTA's.. a few people said that they cleared with a lot of room left over with no grinding of any kind.

Well, I can only tell you what I had to do. Im running the S-10 spindles, not the stock G-Body spindles. I didn't want to cut up the stock spindle. Im also running four GTA "fronts", so that may have something to do with it. So far, I've put over 1,000 miles on this setup and no problems. Brakes feel great.

I'm also planning on this swap for the front and rear brakes.... I purchased a set of g-body spindles (about 2 years ago) already modded for the f-body front brakes. I'll have to dig the threads up now that you question them, but I had not anticipated any clearance issues with GTA fronts all the way around....

Back