You can type here any text you want

Gm Part # For Accumalator For Wagons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The only other car was the 1986 B-body wagons. Buick Estate,Caprice,etc. 1986 only. Wagons only. The last GM part number was 18038506 but they have been discontinued for almost a year now.

turbofish38 said:
The only other car was the 1986 B-body wagons. Buick Estate,Caprice,etc. 1986 only. Wagons only. The last GM part number was 18038506 but they have been discontinued for almost a year now.

I assume then that these were powermaster cars? hmmm..... I guess you learn something new everyday.....

yes they were powermasters on the 86 wagons
with a slanted down reservior and a larger bore mastercylinder

i run one on my 87

I have disected a few of the B-body ones as they used to be quite plentifull in the yards 10 years ago. Not all had the larger piston. There might be an external way to tell but I never figured it out. The vacuum MC has it stamped in millimeters, i.e. 24 or 25. I dont recall seeing any numbers but than I dont think I have touched a PM in the last 10 years either. There is a letter stamped on the rod. IIRC "B" for the wagon and "A" or "G" for the TR. The rebuild kit from GM supplied both pistons. I ran around with a large piston one and never noticed a big difference.

pace. Are you using the TR mounting bracket with yours? I could have sworn the wagon one sits more level with the the TR bracket. Maybe the other way around?Its a PITA changing reserviors.

its mounted with the tr bracket , looks weird in the shot but the cap actually sits nearly level

Back