GN or TTA

ahhhh..opinions.. TTA hands down to me back in 89 when the wife bought a new one. #1 ...I like sleepers !!!! Little background about the wife :eek: She always drove nice cars.. Had a new car every other year till 1995 .. 428 Cobra jet Mustangs to the V6 turbo GN/TTA's. Die hard Ford/Cobra/Shelby family. In 82 I decided to jump ship for the new Z28s. I wanted something with looks AND gas mileage !! Well as we all know the F body got its butt kicked by everything at the time. They got no respect :p I had GNs in 86 an she didn't like the "grandpa" image an lucky for me she bought a new TTA !!! Car was awesome as far as the fun factor !! BEST fun car we have owned period !! Raced it since it was 300 miles old. "Antique rear suspension" that didn't work ??? BS !!!! First day at the track we were doing low 1.7 short times @ 12.5 with 8" M&H dots. Tweaked the stock junk down to high 11s.. Hell she would beat the GN on the street and I was "spraying " it Dammm it was a great car !!
Now jump to the early 2000's. By now she had a Moonroof T that was her driver/beater/racer. I had a nice 10k mile TTA I wanted to give her. She didn't want it anymore.. :redface: Melissa refers them to "redneck mullet cars" :eek::p I am tired of the GNs now to. Although I still hallucinate about getting one more I am leaning to a new Mustang :biggrin:
..Soooo.. TTAs .. you either love em or hate em.. Poor bastard child from Pontiac. Never gets respect till ya kick their butt :cool:

Dammm... Just read Jims post .. I guess there are 2 of us that liked em :p

:biggrin:

istockphoto_2634771-hitting-a-nail-on-the-head.jpg

the best part

of owning tta is when you take it to car shows and park next to all the trans ams and hang a buick banner and tell them the fastest ta has a buick engine pontiac guys get real ugly then i tell them the 403 is an olds motor fun just fun

Grumpy and All, just wanted feedback from those who have one. I agree that the TTA is more rare and it has a love / hate interior. I will be on the market for a toy this spring. Still love the 70-72 Cutlass Convertible, had one 15 yrs ago before I got married (you know the rest of the story..). Now, 40 yrs old and a 5 yr old daughter, I need something for my sanity. Although I loved my Cutlass, it had issues driving in a major city environment. My thinking was something older but more modern / safer than a 70's vehicle. By the way am I the only guy with a wife how doesn't get these cars and thinks they are butt ugly.

Grumpy and All, just wanted feedback from those who have one.

well it sure did bring a smile to my face driving it home from the dealer. Wife was behind me in the GN. Mustang came flying by an took our exit.. Said to self "well lets see how this handles" :p Pushed him threw the exit an went by him like he was tied to a tree !! It was a great thing to do after the years of humiliation we went threw with reg old 305/350s. :biggrin:

My 79 TA was white with tan interior so I don't mind that at all. The ride of the TTA is harsh. It brings out all the squeeks and ratttles. I think that's more than made up by the handleing and braking which is way better than the TB. Since I have a colored GN I get the stealth factor of the TTA. I hope to own one some day. No storage is my biggest issue right now. Dan, Al likes TTAs too.:biggrin:

I've always REALLY wanted a TTA, but settled for a GN. That being said, I like the reputation the GN has and I also like the fact that it is much easier to work on than a TTA room wise. From what I've seen the TTA's will run 1/2 second faster that an equally modded GN. I've always wondered what kind of fuel economy TTA's get? Given the aerodynamics an 3:23 gears they must do pretty good.

have both cars. bought gn in 91 and the tta in 95. better car depends. gn has a trunk and is mch easier to get in and out of baut after about 80 mph the handling sucks. the tta the faster you go the better it handles. scares the sh** out of me. bought my tta in pa and drove it home and got almost 30mpg. after all it is a 6cyl with 323 and odrive. men would want the gn while women would like the tta

I have both and let me say this. I get so tired of hearing how much better the GN rides. A TTA is a sports car its suppose to be stiff. Have any of you ever rode in a corvette. If you want a car that rides good buy a Cadillac. It is very true if you stop at a gas station very few will know what a TTA is but for me that is just fine. But the fact is the GN has much more go fast parts avaliable and I love them both. I will say this for my little TTA she was the only TTA in the 6.99 index class last year hear in NC at the Buick Bash and guess who brought home the $500 bucks at 21 psi and 17 degrees of timing to slow her down.:D Problem with TTA is most Buick guys hate it because it is a Pontiac. Most Pontiac guys hate it because it has a Buick engine. It is what you would call a bastard child. My TTA is back stock now and it will stay that way as long as I own it. Work on the T-type begins. Like I said I love them both just don't be to hard on the TTA's they do deserve a little respects.

Michael

But the fact is the GN has much more go fast parts avaliable and I love them both.

This. Guess I will be considered fat and old....LOL. Gotta squeeze myself in and out of my TTA. If I had to do it over again I'd get a GN. GN's seem to hold their value more than the TTA's and have more room.