You can type here any text you want

GN SCAM on autotrader

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCVING 6

Thought I would give people a heads up on this car.
FOR SALE ADD
The phone number didn't work, so I emailed the seller. The car is located about 80 miles from me, so I told him I would like to come look at it. He emails me back and says that he is in Hawaii right now, but the car is in Autotraders custody. He said to email my personal info to him so he could forward it to Autotrader and they would contact me with how to pay. Smelled kind of fishy to me, so I called Autotrader and they said they do not provide this service! Go figure. I gave the lady all the info on the add and she told me it was a scam, that he had other adds listed under the two phone numbers I gave her. Guess the credit card didn't go through, so they are pulling all of his adds.

You saw two more phone numbers in the ad than I saw. This is a scam big time. The 262 area code is indeed from WIS, but a reverse phone number look-up came up bogus. BEWARE!

Actually if you click on "get phone number", that 262 number comes up, which is Lake Geneva Wis, but the second 262 is bogus. Through an email, he gave me a cell phone number which I gave to autotrader.

Probably wouldn't hurt to contact the local FBI office You never know about scumbags like these guys.

You think that is bad....enter in toyota supra, search under 12,000 dollars...look at some of the scams, put unlimited miles away from your zip. Other cars; s4 audis, vipers, are also being scammed....I turn them into traderonlines customer service department

Back