You can type here any text you want

GN value?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

onebad800

Looking into buying a 1987 GN original owned vehicle 50,000 miles stock no mods., needs a few little things tires are bad shape from sitting alot , overall decent shape inside/out . what kind of price is it worth if I sell it later on this fall?? I know not alot to go on.

50k and stock says most of it.

but few other things that would effect value:
paint condtion
any rust issues
what if any documentation is with the car
hardtop or ttop?

also what little things does it need?

Probably between 10 and 15 in this market with those variables effecting things.
Youre probably not going to make much money reselling in the fall unless you can get it super cheap, AND car is fully documented, garage kept with great paint.

50k and stock says most of it.

but few other things that would effect value:
paint condtion
any rust issues
what if any documentation is with the car
hardtop or ttop?

also what little things does it need?

Probably between 10 and 15 in this market with those variables effecting things.
Youre probably not going to make much money reselling in the fall unless you can get it super cheap, AND car is fully documented, garage kept with great paint.

X2! Well said. Paint has a LARGE effect on the asking price. Have you priced out a paint job on a GN lately?? :eek: $5000 MIN for a decent job. And that's not accounting for anything else it 'probably' needs. That's why some higher mileage EXCELLENT condition GN's with NICE paint will sell for almost the same amount above. You have to look at the overall condition to figure out the value. Hope this helps.

Ken

A friend of mine just bought an 87 last week in New Jersey for $17,750.

The 2 owner car has 22,5XX miles and is a hardtop. The only modification to the car was the addition of the electronic climate control which was only offered in 1986.

The body is flawless and there is no evidence of acid rain in the paint. The interior is also excellent. The door sills have no scratches at all. I could see a couple of hair line scratches on the face of the radio, but I'm a real nitpicker.

The undercarriage reveals some slight surface rust, but nothing to really complain about.

Good Luck,
Mike
NJ

Well I tried to get this one but i think someone beat me to it, he wanted $7000 and needed the cash fast. oh well, he is not returning my calls

since we are asking values here how about this one

87 T-top GN ,prior salvage history , paint in OK shape ,minor rust starting behind wheel wells ..tops leak a little ...pass door replaced paint needs to be wetsanded ...few mods here and there ..gauges in pillar , scanmaster , front mount and exhaust needs a tuneup ...wants 6k with no wheels on the car i have to bring my own

I'm new to the site and actively searching for my first GN. I just unloaded a car and now have room for a GN. I noticed one of the items listed that may effect value is T-Top -vs- Hardtop. Any opinions on how this would change the value of a low mileage GN (say 5k to 20k mileage range). Outside of the potential of leaking, any other reason when comparing solid -vs- T?

Well I tried to get this one but i think someone beat me to it, he wanted $7000 and needed the cash fast. oh well, he is not returning my calls

2 posts, $7000 for an all stock GN with 50k miles..... Get lost:rolleyes:

2 posts, $7000 for an all stock GN with 50k miles..... Get lost:rolleyes:

Yes new to the site thats why I asked the questions to see if I was gettin a good deal on it to make some $$ , I wasnt selling it?Lookin to buy it, been away from the cars for a while now busy asphalt racing sleds.

86 GN value ??

Ok guys, I am wondering what you may think a fair price would be for my 220K mi + 1986 GN with a rebuilt engine. It runs good, shifts firmly but needs paint and seat covers plus the door panels. It's got 36#injectors with 2 chips. Tires are 95%. A/C works. The body panels and floors are SOLID! It smokes at start up when it has sat for few days. It is a low option car with no power seats or doors. No remote passenger mirror adjuster and no trunk release button in the glove box. LMK what you think please! problaby paid too much for it but I'd like to have an idea of what it would sell for...just in case.:biggrin: Thanx! Jr

Back