GN vs civic dork

T

Terry

I hate honda drivers with a passion. This is no ordinary disdain, mind you, but the kind of fiery, white-hot disgust that I normally reserve for Bill Clinton and all democrats. What irritates me so much is that they think a car designed for practical, economic transportation is actually a race car. They spend thousands on wheels, stickers, tint and a pipe for 3 front wheel horsepower and a loss of 32 foot-pounds of torque. Maybe I'm a purist but the attraction to cars for me, as well as you guys, is the speed, the acceleration, not the desire to be seen in a certain vehicle. For import dorks, it's not about the cars. It's about image, nothing more than flash over substance like you see from so many young people (and their parents) today. You've heard my stories about the way I verbally abuse these poseurs every chance I get. As I've found in my professional life also, people will act as though they know a subject until you tell them to shut the **** up because they don't know what they're talking about. Thus I tell it like it is, at work and on the street because I cannot tolerate idiots.
We can't neglect our duty to these people and the people that have to interact with them. If we don't tell them we can't just sit back and hope that someone else will. It's like walking around with a booger hanging out of your nose. Driving a honda is much the same way. It's embarrassing but you don't realize it until someone tells you. These guys (it's hard for me to call them 'guys' when chicks with ****s is really all they are) think they look cool and tough rollin in their stickered civic. It has long been my belief that it's difficult to look like a man's man driving any four cylinder bitch-mobile, but when you try to act cool in a car designed as cheap, practical, economical transportation, it borders on ridiculous. Even more so when you count the stickers, note the A-pillar-mounted fire bottle (what's that for? It doesn't even run sixteens, if it's ever even been to a drag strip!), monster tach for the stock motor and safety belt padding that doesn't even touch your shoulder because the seat's leaned all the way back, WTF are they thinking?!
I like killing LS1s with my GN, but more than that, I like killing imports. Of all the imports out there, civic drivers must be the stupidest because it appears all the other import dorks understand that even though my car weighs more, when compared with my 300ft-lbs at 2800 rpm to their 45ft-lbs at the same rpm - I win. Except civics drivers. They almost always want some. 9 times out of 10, their loss is just embarassing, made even worse because they always have friends or girls with them. I've found that they have a lot of excuses, missed a shift, couldn't see over the tach, stickers fell off or didn't hook because they still have the stock 165 tires on it(which honda considers plenty for the power level of the car). Every now and then someone will get away from the light clean and run a bit. When they do I usually shut down by the middle of third with a huge lead. Point is, I like to hunt hondas because their owners' pea-brains tell them they have a chance, go for it! This morning I went to work early and as I pulled up to the stop at Red Bank, a lowered civic with wheels goes by. He gets a good half mile down the road before I can turn to catch him. He turns onto a highway, I follow running 80 to catch up. I pull right up behind him so he can see my big black Buick and know that I came for him. After a second I pull over and slide up next to him. At that moment my heart sank, after noticing the stock muffler on a car with a monster tach and fire bottle, I saw the driver was wearing a US Marine uniform with E5 rank on it. How could he possibly embarrass the Corps like that? The toughest guys on the planet and here was a marine driving a bitch car! Well, marine or not, time to give another lesson. I paced him, prodded him, cajoled and waited for him. No luck. We stared each other in the eye and he backed down. F***ing pansy, if you're gonna dress it up like a race car, be prepared to get picked on by fast cars. This is why I have no respect for import drivers, none, nada, zip, never will. I should start my day like that everyday. That marine is sitting at work right now thinking about how he got punked by a Sailor in a real musclecar. Probably told everyone at work how he beat a GN this morning.

GN: 49
imports: 0

They arent all bad. Really.
I have respect for anything fast, no matter what it is. But looking fast while going slow is just stupid.
I apply that to any car, not just imports. All outside and nothing inside. What about these american cars with big hoodscoops or aircleaners sticking out of their hoods. I mean, if you have an 8-71 blower under there and need the clearance, fine. But dont do it just for show. Same thing with big tires outback. Why the need for a jacked up car on MT indy profile tires that still has a crappy motor in it?
My best friend, who is a die-hard car guy, has a 69 cutlass 442 thats modded to heck. He also drives daily a 94 civic. All of the people around me are typical ricers. "All show, no go". At least the racing purist in him (and a bit of heckling from me) got him to mod the motor. He custom fabbed himself: a garret turbo, manifold full exhaust, getting a front mount i/c, and is going to put it on alchy inj. Even though its a honda, I have a lot of respect for it. No wing, lowered only a bit with nice rims that fit well, no body kit, no strobes, no clear lenses. Hes doing it the right way.

Lest we forget...

I think you missed the story of Mitchell Davidson getting schooled in his ZO6 by a Honduh Civic. I can't say I have a lot of love for the ricers, but I'm surely not going to get my blood pressure worked up over it. I'm sorry to hear about that one individual bringing disgrace upon Marines though (he he) FTN! Go Navy!

So where are you stationed at? What's your "rate"?

i cant take rice either BUT for the most part they are just young kids just trying to fit an image, impress friends and score booty. racing isnt important to everyone. at the other end of the spectrume i've seen plenty of guys at the cruise ins with slicks and huge motors that have never been to the track or intend to, and some that have tons of mods that run 13's. its all prefrence. i also get tons of respect from rice boys more so that from die hard bb guys.

Sounds like you have import and rice mixed up. ;)

I'll agree that I can't stand stupid people. But the true import guys hate the ricers just as much as we do. I have a couple of friends with true imports (RX7's, Supra's, 300ZX's etc..) we all make fun of the rice boys. In fact, if we're hanging out somewhere and the ricer wants a peice we'll take turns walking them. :cool:

No flame intended, just don't like seeing the good imports bashed. :D

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
LOL! Classic. But I like this line:
"It's like walking around with a booger hanging out of your nose. Driving a honda is much the same way. It's embarrassing but you don't realize it until someone tells you."

I have mixed feelings about Hondas. A good friend of mine has a 1992 CRX. Most of you would laugh at this car if you ever saw it, but for a honda its pretty quick. It has a worked over 1.6 liter vtec engne from a 1994 Integra GSR with a 100hp nitrous kit. It runs 13.6s all day long. When he told me that he bought a CRX lauged and shook my head and walked away. Bu the next day wached him walk a 4th gen LT1 camaro on the highway. I love supras, rx7s, skylines, 300zx's and anything thats fast. Its true that most hondas you see on the road with ass cans and stickers are lucky if theyre in the 15s, but there are a few fast ones out there.

Wow...

He gets a good half mile down the road before I can turn to catch him. He turns onto a highway, I follow running 80 to catch up.

Jeez. I'll race if the opportunity presents itself. But I generally have better things to do than chase down every ricer that happens bye in the opposite direction. This is the type of behavior that may need pharmaceutical intervention! Take it easy man!

Really... don't chase the rice, let them chase you!

Great story though.. I feel the same way. :D

True.....

Originally posted by kenny
Sounds like you have import and rice mixed up. ;)

I'll agree that I can't stand stupid people. But the true import guys hate the ricers just as much as we do. I have a couple of friends with true imports (RX7's, Supra's, 300ZX's etc..) we all make fun of the rice boys. In fact, if we're hanging out somewhere and the ricer wants a peice we'll take turns walking them. :cool:

No flame intended, just don't like seeing the good imports bashed. :D

I have a friend with a '90 CRX worked up and runs 14.30's and 13.80's on the gas. Its done right, and isn't fancy or anything, and he hates the "ricers" I consider him an import guy.

I also have a friend with a '99 Civic SI, car just has an intake, but he's not stupid enough to think that cars fast. My moms stock Monte will burn him. He's an import guy as well, and hates the "ricers"

Too bad I can't show up some of these punks with my truck, time for a GN engine. ;)

BTW: Would you consider this guy a ricer? I have talked to him before and he's really cool just a little misplaced. '89 Civic 4dr, huge wing and a fart can, everything else is stock, I know I can whoop on him in my truck. But he's a cool dude, hmmmm, don't know if I could consider him a "ricer." To me it matters more on "whos driving what, then whats he driving"

Hmm, good question...

I never considered that question, but it is a good one:

Can a person that rices out their car be cool too?

But I tend to think that this would fall under the category of the booger thing. Maybe this guy has riced out his car because he wants the go fast image. If he has never riden/driven a truly fast car, perhaps he doesn't know what he is missing? Is there any possibility of enlightening this individual upon the error of his ways? Is this an opportunity to get inside the head of a ricer? (*ONE* ricer, at least)

Good points in the original thread but I think there's a lot more of this same sort of "attitude" thing out there than just with Honda guys.

Who REALLY cares if some kid (or a Marine) wants to dress up his car, whether it's with a huge bulging hood and slicks or with stickers, a wing and a 10 million watt amp and speakers? I mean, c'mon - even the Marine wasn't trying to be intimidating, was he? And that's true for most of the Ricers I've seen. They like the look of their car or the "image" if you will. They get off on the handling, the cool lines, the comfy ride, and so forth. They're not really out for a stoplight kill at every intersection any moreso than the kid with a V6 Camaro that has ET Streets and a good exhaust on it. To them, it feels like a race car and they're happy with it. So why slam them by lumping them all into the same category as the truly "Psuedo-Fast and Foolish"?

Chasing down a Honda going the other way then not getting a race from someone who apparently knows what his car is truly capable of against a GN, then flaming any and all Honda drivers for being "punks" and "chicks with d**ks" says a lot about another kind of attitude. Sort of a chip-on-the-shoulder kind of thinking it seems to me. But hey, I could be wrong.

Really, if a guy or gal wants to mod their car to LOOK like Kurt Johnson's Prostock Camaro, John Force's Funny Car or a 10 second Honda but doesn't want to race, then more power to them. For me, it's the guys who do this and then REALLY think they can be beat anything made, and then they get all mouthy about how much better their car is. Who does this, you ask?

Pick a brand or car type - it's everywhere. Mustangs. Camaros. Firebirds. Hondas. Supras. Ad infinitum...

And yes - even some of the Turbo Buick people. Don't believe it? Just read some of the stuff on here. :rolleyes:

Every genre of car make has its own little group of verbal a**holes who think thier favorite car is the world's greatest and go to no small length to badmouth every other brand made.

THOSE people are the ones in my view that have the little something hanging out of their nose. No matter WHAT they drive.

Keep it safe out there, ok? Turbo Buick OR Rice.

I don't disrespect all imports, Supras, RX7s and the like. I got my ass handed to me one night (in my 90 Mustang) by a kid in a Supra up in Norfolk. Thought I could take him, it was close but it went in the loss column. I don't like rice. I don't like the way they dress up the cars with stickers, wings, unpainted body panels and fire bottles. I don't like empty image over substance. Does the same thing happen with old mustangs and camaros, sure, but those are generally faster cars to begin with, yet I don't discriminate. This story was about a honda incident, I'll hunt anything. I trashed a fox mustnag with a curvy rice wing on it the other day. I've lived in a lot of cities around the country and travel often, and nowhere have I been is there more rice than here in Charleston. I can sit at any stoplight in town and some idiot in a honda will challenge me because he doesn't know any better. I am all too willing to show them. I was at a light on Rivers 2 weeks ago when a kid pulled up next to me in a red Prelude. His girlfriend was with him and the sticker on his quarter panel said "Nitrous - Don't Make Me Use It!" That pissed me off so I told him he better have the bottle open cuz we're about to run, nothing but excuses, wouldn't stop, wouldn't meet when his 'bottle was full'. I don't like poseurs but if you gonna advertise, be prepared to run or act like the little girl you are. I don't generally chase them down and the Marine was going to same way, just had to catch up to him. I was in Dallas last weekend, running around in my dad's 2002 Crown Vic, sitting at a light behind a hyundai accent with not one but two 4 inch fart pipes, made up to look like dual exhaust. Went out to Texas Motorplex to watch T&T, lots of stock imports there doing across-the-line pro stock burnouts, almost hitting the track workers, staging with the back tires or staging at the tree, over-revving, missing shifts, it was pathetic. This whole import mania is getting ridiculous and I can't help it but whenever I see a man driving a honda del sol, I automatically assume he's a hairdresser or interior decorator. Fortunately, I'm entitled to my opinion of their cars as they are mine. It works out fine, I don't like their cars and they don't like my opinion.