You can type here any text you want

GN vs GTP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Well me and a couple of my boys were riding around lansing MI. last weekend, some of the nicest weather we've had in a long time, so I decided Id wash my baby up and hit the streets. Since Ive gotten my car I havnt really had a chance to drive it alot. Have you ever been looking for somone to play with and it seems the lights just dont play right, or theres to much trafiic and you cant get to that mudstang or vette or whatever to play, or you see your pray goin in the other direction. Damn I hate that. Well anywasy to the story we were crusin down a public street. SAginaw Saturday afternoon, where i see this black wide body car with bright yellw stripes in the distance. The road ws clear ahead but we were runnin out of road soon where the road would turn from a 3 lane to a two lane. SO I slow up to like 20mph to wait and see if its something worthy. The wait pays off, its a nice GTP, some guy and his girl, hes got the guagues and exhaust. Naturally its on, He didnt seem to want to play at first so i mash on the gas a lil and let him know lets touch em off, he smiles mashes th gs and i immediately follow I immeadiately pull a half car on him. Damn slower car int he middle lane so we split the car. i know kinda risky, but inthe heat of the moment, what can you do, im a racer and wasnt letting up. We roled on at about 50. We ran em only bout a 100 yards or so but i let off when the road narrowed besides theres always cops sittin up there so i got outof it and he went buy. Whatever i proved my point i jumped you a car and you go tthe start. Well we cruiseon and i catch back up to him and he gives me the thumbs up and continues on as do i traffic is to thick now. Do i consider that my first kill/ i dont knowwe really didnt have chance to have at her, but a minute, but the lil time we did let loose i had him. Those GTP's are not slo at all though i was pretty impressed to say the least, anyone else ever go up againt one? Well thats my story and im stickin to it!

Good kill.

Stock GTP's run mid 14's, so you should get him. Even if he had a pulley and programmer and exhaust its still high 13's.

My friend has a GTP..Not many mods that I know of and him and I were out on the highway doing about 55 mph and we both punch to roughly about 105 I guess. We took off just about the same time and I got maybe a car length maybe a little more but I could not lose him. His car kept up pretty good but I guess I'm not suppose to win by a landslide on the top end....hmmm...We are going to try again later on as it gets warmer..This time I'll have the advantage as he agreed to go from a dead stop..

Todd

i raced a GTP on the toll road a while back. nice lookin cars i think. we punched it at about 75 and i let off about 110 with about 2 cars on him. i had 650 pounds worth of human weight in the car too:D

On car and driver tv last night they covered the new gtp 260hp 280tq 0-60 was 6.5, i think i missed the 1/4 times or they never said them, it shouldn't be much of anything even for a decent tuned minor bolton TR.
Now with a pulley upgrade and some mods it might be a little different.

Nice run, I don't recall ever seeing a black gp with yellow stripes. There are a few gp's that run 11's in Michigan. There should be a 10 second Gtp run within the next month or so.

My 99'Gtp has run a best of 12.74@106
20028303634281173984249.jpg

Where are the GS's?, all GTP races! :mad: I'd love to race a GN, there's just not alot around here in the Twin Cites. I almost bought one but I needed a daily driver, so I went with the GS, hoping for 13's next weekend at the track.

I have a 99 GTP, my brother an 86 GN, and I would say the GTP's are peppy but not at all fast.
They are fun cars to drive, the GTP's. I was speaking to a guy that had a Honda Civic and he said that it was one of the slowest cars he had ever driven by probably the highest on the fun to drive scale - whatever that means.
As for myself, I will race anyone as long as it is safe. Mind you, I make no claims about ever winning. But, I have some fun, give someone else some fun and a kill story.

I like the GTP. You can make them pretty fast. Handles well too.

Hey Twinvette, did I see your car in a magazine last year?

be careful as there are a couple GTP's in the Lansing/Grand Ledge area running 12s! ;) one is a black GTX...sweet car!
you can check them out here: www.migpc.com you might be able to spot the black w/ yellow strips on that website. I know exactly which car u r talking about, but I don't know who it belongs to... if you ever want to race GTP's head out to Eaton Rapids (M100) and drive behind the hospital in Eaton Rapids...the prez of the MIGPC club live there and you'll always find GTP's ready to run you! :)

Twinvette:
Do you have the TT light blue vette which was in the mag last year? If so, DAMN...awesome job!!! BTW, Do you know Pat Delaney in Lansing?

Back