You can type here any text you want

GN1 and Autolite Racing AR3933

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vacuum 6

Is this the correct plug to run on the street? Running ~24# of boost.

Walter

The AR3933 has a gasket seat and the GN1 heads should have a tapered seat plug. Champion recommends Autolite 104 for street and 103 for racing . Those are extended tip plugs. You may want to switch to 473, 474, or 475 for racing. They are non resistor side electrode plugs. Or, cross over to NGK plugs. Someone else may have more experience on what works best.

I run gasket seat AR3933 on the street and AR3932 at the track. You might be better off running an NGK or 103 plug on the street. The AR series plugs have cut back ground straps that really wear on the center electrode, For me, they didn't last 100 miles. Still drove fine, just broke up under boost, the rounded center electrode opens the gap.

If you are running 24 psi you should run the AR-3932 or AR-3333 and not a projected tip plug.

We have used the Autolie racing plugs in Champion heads for years and Tom has endorsed these plugs in high HP application even being a washer plug as it will seat properly assuming the gasket is seated/oriented on the correct side.

If you are running 24 psi you should run the AR-3932 or AR-3333 and not a projected tip plug.

We have used the Autolie racing plugs in Champion heads for years and Tom has endorsed these plugs in high HP application even being a washer plug as it will seat properly assuming the gasket is seated/oriented on the correct side.

What considered high HP? I'm making ~550.

What you mean gasket seated/oriented correctly? Please unpack.

Good info. Using a gasketed plug gives more plug choices for these heads.

Back