Gn1 heads t&d rollers?

bpman1234

whats wrong with this pictures?any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 317
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
could be the rockers you have are for iron heads ,
hard to see in pic but are those 8 bolt heads with cast in pedastils or 14 bolt heads with a pedistil mount installed
if those are 14 bolts with with a bolt on pedistil the intake valve is larger and the valves are spread out further (the intakes are moved ) ..and you need offset rockers from scorpion or to go to jesel rocker setup

I know on the TA SI heads I had to get new T&D's (made for TA to accommodate their .080 valve spacing). The rocker arms themselves are made with the tip offset to be square on the valve stem tip.

so I can just get the one offset rocker to the left from the 2 center rockers forv both heads or its not that simple I would also need spacers for the 2 end ones to get them more center ?thanks for your replies >

IMO spacers run the risk of the push rods moving over and rubbing the heads and the end ones don't allow alot of room for clearancing and then you hit water and then need to be sleeved/clusterf$#%.
Call Champion first ask them wuz up and then if a offset rocker will work order the offset rockers without all the trunion bearings and rollers, etc and swap the bearings and such over from your current T&D stuff.

send them to T+D , Let them go over them and let them know the application and they may be able to rework what you have

ok thanks turbonasty and pacecarta gonna call them tomorrow .had this motor sitting on the stand for about a year orso more .they did all the machine work and balance and when I put the pistons in they didn't offset the rods on the pins so all my pins were not center had to bring them back the rods and pistons so they could do it right .so got me alittle scared to put this thing together .I did check the rod and crank bearings clearance with I beleave it was the green string forgot what I got but at the time when I was in it .it seemed to be right .think it was .002 but not sure.so I guess they did the machine work right but just didn't know about the offset on the rods .so on to the rockers and go from there thanks

Sounds sketchy....What was the bob weight and % of balance...they gave you a balance card right?

Have to go check my paper work they did have the weight written on the Pistons but ? Who knows.johns cages is there name .

8bolt cast pedistil .so what's the remedy?
It appears that you have T&D shafts designed for iron heads. Call Tom at Champion and ask him to send you a schematic for shaft mounted T&D's for 8 bolt aluminum heads. Know what you need before calling T&D. They are very little help when it comes to V-6 junk or anything else for that matter..

thanks cmefly will do that .like to know what iam talking about when I order ,turbonasty going crazy looking for my paper work from the shop .

If you purchase a set of TA SI shaft roller rocker arm assemblies,your problems will be solved. Champion doesn't offer a correct set of rockers for this application. The rocker assemblies you have are what Champion offers. The things that are needed,to get the roller tips centered over the valve stems,are wider rocker bodies. This allows the push rods to remain centered in their holes while the roller is moved over since the rocker body is wider. The TA assemblies use wider bodies. The Champion assemblies use the same rocker bodies as the T&D assemblies for iron heads. They use different washers and tubes to move the rocker arms over. The problem with doing this is that the push rods move over with the rockers and can rub the sides of the push rod holes in the heads if you move them far enough.

what your saying is I just have to buy the rockers and I can use my shafts and spacers and the rest of the hardware ?

what your saying is I just have to buy the rockers and I can use my shafts and spacers and the rest of the hardware ?
The only things you have now that would work are the shafts. Since the TA SI rocker bodies are wider you'll need different tubes and washers. The shafts that Tom sells for his GN1 heads are the same,longer than stock,shafts that T&D makes for the TA SI rocker assemblies.
Did Tom sell you these rockers knowing that you'd be using them on his GN1 Heads?

na got these from a member here that was local and said I would just need to get washers from t&d to get it right but want some input .got them awhile back started getting things together then stopped (life).and now got some time .

na got these from a member here that was local and said I would just need to get washers from t&d to get it right but want some input .got them awhile back started getting things together then stopped (life).and now got some time .
Now I think you have rocker assemblies for iron heads. This means the only things you will be able to use are the washers. You'll need rockers,tubes,and shafts to get to where you need to be.
I would imagine that buying complete new TA SI rocker assemblies is the only way to go.

Now I think you have rocker assemblies for iron heads. This means the only things you will be able to use are the washers. You'll need rockers,tubes,and shafts to get to where you need to be.
I would imagine that buying complete new TA SI rocker assemblies is the only way to go.

the OP has champion 8 bolt aluminum heads not TA SI.. (nasty has the SI heads)