You can type here any text you want

GN1 Long Rod Stroker Kit bored .20 over. Any idea what CU and liter that is?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LEGACY_GN

Wondering what size engine I have because everyone keeps asking. I'm thinking it's close to the same as my daily driver which is an STS-V which has the 4.4 liter 266 cu Northstar supercharged.

A long rod engine, in most cases, isn't a stroker and visa-versa. With out the stroke info ect there's no way to calculate the CID of the engine.

need to know the bore and stroke, then follow the formula below and you will know exactly the size of your motor.

(bore) x (bore) x (stroke) x 0.7854 x (# of cylinders) = cubic inch displacement

so lets guess 30 over with a stroker crank

3.83 x 3.83 x 3.625 x .7854 x 6 = 250.58 Cubic Inches

First, from what I understand the stroke has to do with the crank and not the length of the rod? It's a stroker crank. The long rod just means the wrist pin is higher on the piston, or closer to the rings.

3.625 stroke, 6.350 rods bored .20 over

Stock is 3.400 stroke, 5.970 rods

how you liken your northstar?

I have a 4.0 in my STS and its badd for what it is. wish i had gotten the supercharged version though!

I have a 4.0 in my STS and its badd for what it is. wish i had gotten the supercharged version though!

The Northstar is either a N/A 4.6L or a 4.4L supercharged version. There isn't a 4.0L version for the Caddy's.

K.

Actually, they did build a 4.0 Northstar for the Old Aurora, but to your question, it runs decent. 12.9 with a cold air and tune on street tires. Nice car to drive but pain to work on and tons of electronic problems, like all my other Cadillacs. I'm selling it as soon as the GN is back running. I want another Escalade. I have no use for two fast cars. My GN is my love.

Thanks Mark for the reply. I wasn't sure what stock bore was or how much .20 was on the bore. I like your website and will order from you. My car is now done mechanically. New motor, transmission and suspension and nothing but the best throughout. Now I'm starting on interior and I like the stuff you have on your site. Last will be body. All original with 140k miles, so bit rough up close, but that's ok. I like driving it and not having to worry about anything. We're both showing our age. Maybe I'll get plastic surgery when she goes in for her frame off, lol.

Back