You can type here any text you want

GN1 valvcovers & breathers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
Sorry to jump in here on the Stage board, BUT I figure most of you guys are running GN1's or something similar.

Has anyone found a set of valve covers and breathers that DON'T leak oil out the breathers and down onto the headers?

I have GN1's with roller rockers and some vendors ribbed valve covers with BUICK in big letters cast in. NO baffles inside. Breather holes are in the middle. No baffle and they fill the K&N push in breathers with oil that drips down onto the headers and makes a stinky mess.

I need somethig better. Anyone find a good solution?

Thanks - Terry

stinky oil

You could try MR Gasket 2049 oil breather for 1.250 i.d hole,worked for me,K+N did not.I'm using GN-1 valve covers .H.T.H.

check out BFH valve covers really nice I have a set and use the billit breathers,they are not a open element breather work great look great.NO MESSSSSSS!

John

I had the same problem with my Stage II powered Cobra. I went about fixing it another way. I took a lawn mower air filter (sponge type material) and put into the base of the filter. Now the air goes through but the oil falls back into the valve cover, not on the header.

Bob

I did the same thing as Bob except I used pieces of a foam ATV air pre-filter. Keeps the oil from slinging up the tube. HTH

Thanks guys, I picked up a foam lawn mower filter and cut it up and just put it in the neck of the breathers. NOW to see if it works. Sure hope so - Thanks for the tip.

Terry

Back