You can type here any text you want

GNX bumper filler opinions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LC2 ROD

The original LC2 ROD
Looks like I may be replacing bumper fillers on a 81,XXX mile GNX, would you go NOS original, or aftermarket replacements? Thanks.

With 81,000 rounds on it I would go aftermarket. The abs plastic ones are good from what I hear. good luck

Repros for sure...

Hands down put repros on the car. They're cheaper and will not "gas off" and dull out like the originals, so they will actually look better longer. Even more true if it's not a concours bubble car.

Just my 2 cents.

Bumper Fillers

Looks like I may be replacing bumper fillers on a 81,XXX mile GNX, would you go NOS original, or aftermarket replacements? Thanks.

I WOULD GO NOS REASON BEING THEY FIT MUCH BETTER THEN AFTERMARKET I THINK THERE JUNKS.

The Aftermarket Require Alot Of Block Sanding And Primer To Fill In Imperfections And Waves. We Did Install An Aftermarket Set On My Friends Gn,his Fingers Had Little Or No Skin When Finished Sanding And Re-priming (2-3 Times) They Do Look Great, I'll Get Him To Post Pictures. We Also Installed An Alum. Bumper Rein And A Fiberglass Facebar. Turned Out Great.oh, This Was The Rear Fillers And Bumper.

The Aftermarket Require Alot Of Block Sanding And Primer To Fill In Imperfections And Waves. We Did Install An Aftermarket Set On My Friends Gn,his Fingers Had Little Or No Skin When Finished Sanding And Re-priming (2-3 Times) They Do Look Great, I'll Get Him To Post Pictures. We Also Installed An Alum. Bumper Rein And A Fiberglass Facebar. Turned Out Great.oh, This Was The Rear Fillers And Bumper.

Thanks for the input, did you use the fiberglass or ABS replacements?

Hands down put repros on the car. They're cheaper and will not "gas off" and dull out like the originals, so they will actually look better longer. Even more true if it's not a concours bubble car.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the reply. OK, fiberglass or ABS, pros and cons?

My son's GN was rear-ended in a parking lot at a low speed. The impact was enough to depress the bumper shocks. The accident caused one broken tail light, a bent bumper and the original bumper fillers cracked. If the fillers had been replaced with the rigid aftermarket version, I'm sure the impact would have driven the rigid fillers into the quarter panels and caused sheet metal damage.

I had planned to replace the fillers in my Limited with the aftermarket versions, but I now appreciate why the engineers designed the flexible fillers. I have since purchased the OEM fillers and recommend you do the same.
Just my $.02.

Bob

I would look for a good used set or new gm ones. Remember what you are working on, if the low mileage ones are demanding all the money then the driven ones are worth it too. Not to mention the NOS parts!!!

i have a set of rear fillers off my gnx. they are stripprd and ready for paint. 300.00 for the pair

Back