You can type here any text you want

GNX center cap question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo87regal

I bought a set of real GNX wheels a couple weeks ago and they came with center 4 caps like the one in the pictures. I know the wheels are the real deal but was wondering about the caps. The caps do have the metal retainers but the emblem in the center is sunk in a little and not flush like the reproduction ones I have that are stickers over a Firebird emblem. Can anyone tell me 100% if the one in the pictures is original or not.

Thanks
Denis

Attachments

• HPIM0400 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0400 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 310
  • HPIM0401 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0401 (Small).JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 310
  • HPIM0402 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0402 (Small).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 299
The caps are not original….sorry :frown: …the original caps were actually stuck on firebird center caps and flush. The interesting note on the OEM center caps is the Firebird cap was never fully completed for going on the firebirds. The painting process was never completed on the Firebird emblem, but you would never know because the GNX sticker goes over it. Also the original cap did use the plastic retention tabs, the retention feature was changed to metal retainers later on the cap as a product improvement. Regards

Don't need help on the wheels I know for sure they are real. I looked for correct offset stampings and even measured the backspace to make sure before I bought them I just was not certain about the caps. at this time the only picture I have is of one of the fronts after I polished the lip:biggrin:

Sucks about the caps but I still got a great deal on the wheels. I sold a set of GTA's I had and after all is said and done the GNX wheels are costing me about $400.00 :eek: plus the GNX wheels came with 4 practicaly new Kumho's, lugnuts, lug caps and they all spin true and have no curb rash:biggrin:

Attachments

• front (Small).jpg
    front (Small).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 286
Back