You can type here any text you want

Gnx dash?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just saw another post about a gnx cluster and well it's making me want one for my gn. So was wondering has anyone tryed to make a gnx cluster or dose anyone have a way to convert the gn one to a gnx style?

Just saw another post about a gnx cluster and well it's making me want one for my gn. So was wondering has anyone tryed to make a gnx cluster or dose anyone have a way to convert the gn one to a gnx style?

There is another thread on the board with an aftermaket GNX style dash being developed.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/generating-interest-gnx-dash-group-buy.391978/

If you really want an original ASC GNX dash, be prepared to pay for one as they don't come available too often and would be quite expensive.

I have seen one of the vendors who attends Kirbans' Open house offer a replica ASC GNX dash with SW gauges......already to bolt in, with all the work done for you.
I would guess with Caspers Plug N Play harness that you'd still be looking at pretty close to 2 grand? Maybe a bit less.

I really liked the look of the factory GNX dash so this is the route I went.
Bought the replica ASC GNX dash (bezel, mounting plate & appliqué). Then I mounted my VDO gauges in them that came with my AVC GNX style dash. Took quite a bit of finagling & adjustments, but finally got it working and installed.
Gave me the look I wanted, and was more reasonably priced as I utilized my existing gauges & dash wiring harness.

GNX VDO Dash 004.jpg

I really like the look of that but I'm not looking for an orignal don't really want to spend to much on doing it for me it would just be a look thing guess I'm wondering if its possible to gut the factory one and put in a face plate like that I would be mounting my autometer gauges in it I was hoping to find a way either a DIY or a plate I could use/buy was hoping not to go over say 500 in doing a look alike swap

I really like the look of that but I'm not looking for an orignal don't really want to spend to much on doing it for me it would just be a look thing guess I'm wondering if its possible to gut the factory one and put in a face plate like that I would be mounting my autometer gauges in it I was hoping to find a way either a DIY or a plate I could use/buy was hoping not to go over say 500 in doing a look alike swap

The one posted isn't an original cluster. It's after market gauges with the factory face plate. So, yes you can do the same thing as was posted with autometer.

1KWIKSIX... Dash looks awesome!

Seems to me most of the companies that made GNX dash kits have either stopped making them or gone out of business. Most of them had issues tying into the factory VSS to allow for TCC lock up and other things. Best to buy a complete used kit then modify it the way you want or look into the new dash that may be developed (http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/generating-interest-gnx-dash-group-buy.391978/). This is my GNX dash that was offered by Poston when they were around. The electronic speedo requires a caspers converter box and a new vss sender. Even then it's problematic. I wound up using a manual switch for TCC lock-up.

3_zps45d5219a.jpg

Back