GNX For Sale Or Trade

Re: Foreign Exchange Vehicles

Originally posted by SYTECH
What I need to set up is a revolving vehicle exchange program

Since I only keep my cars for about 6 months to a year, I'd be alot better off trading (exchanging) my GNX to someone else for a pre-set period of time while i get to drive / enjoy their collectible car.

My wife looked at me last week and stated that I had purchased / sold 29 cars, 1 motorhome, 8 motorcycles, and 4 trucks over the 18 years we had been married. That equates to just about 2.3 different vehicles per year

So many vehicles, so little time

If Fast cars were drugs, then i'd be a junkie to the max

I need to Detox

Later

Ray

I've been on the program for a few yrs now!!! :)

Hey Ray,

I don't blame you,

Over the past 28 years I to had owned a few cars, Listed below

67 RS Camaro
69 RS/SS Camaro HT
69 RS Camaro VT
69 RS/SS 396 Convertible
69 Camaro 350Convertible
69 Chevelle SS Convertible
2-69 Chevelle SS 396 HT
66 Chevelle Convertible
66 Chevelle SS 396 HT
68 SS Nova
87 Limited T
87 HT GN
87 GNX
87 Astro Roof GN
87 T-Top GN
87 GNX Clone (I purchased from you)
95 Impala SS
73 454 Caprice
66 Corvette 427 390 hp Coupe
67 Corvette 427 390 hp Coupe
67 Corvette 427 390 hp Roadster
67 Corvette 427 400 hp Coupe

See Ray, you're not the only Fast car junkie. We're sick, need help. But Damn!! I love owning these cars at one time or another.
Now my inventory is down to five cars.

I have a 1973 Chevy Caprice Convertible I'd love to trade.

it's a long shot, I know...

GNX #485 has Been Sold

What a nightmare........but in the end I had 3 solid trade offers and 2 competing cash offers. This time, the cash won out. I happened to be in a meeting when my wife received the 2nd and highest offer from a person who drove up from North San Diego County late this afternoon and presented her with an offer (and payment) of $41,500.

2 hours previous to the 2nd offer, another board member had arranged to have an appraiser come by and put the vehicle thru its paces, and upon getting a positive recommendation from the appraiser, he then made a cash offer of $38,500 (By email & by phone message).

As expected the $41,500 payment in hand was considerably higher than the $38,500 offer of I'll wire the funds tomorrow and my wife signed over the title, took the money, loaded up all the extra goodies, and watched it drive away......(It is headed for Minnesota)

It sucks that multiple people wanted the car, and I stressed in the EBay auction that the only way a person can be sure of getting the car first was to use the "Buy It Now" and pay the paypal down payment

Had the 1st offer of $38,500 been accompanied by a cash (paypal) deposit, then he would have been the proud new owner of GNX 485 and i never would have exposed the car to additional prospective buyers (with cash in hand)

Thanks to all that made trade offers, and good luck with your future searches for your own GNX

Best regards,

Ray

New Toy

It's not a GN, but it is a Turbo

Twin Turbo's to be exact

After The GNX was dropped off for shipment out to Minnesota, I found a 1990 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette out in North Carolina

Car had 11,400 original miles, loads of great options, Black Exterior with red leather interior, 6 speed tranny, and the best part is i got it for only $28,000

My wife and i flew out to North Carolina, picked the car up and drove it back to California on its shake down cruise

403 HP, 580 ft lbs Torque, 3:45 gears, 4 wheel independent suspension, 5 link rear suspension, electronic valved shocks, 190 mph top speed, plus a host of other desirable options

Only bad thing, is it is a pain in the a$$ to launch at the track

Whats with this manual shifting $hit....lol

Oh well, the fun begins again

Later everyone

Ray

Maybe a stupid question. But were these cars for sale in california? I thought they were not 50-state legal. Maybe it was a previous year i was thinking about.

Caught my attention when you said you were driving it back to california.

California Legal

Callaway Corvettes were available as a factory Chevy option from 1987 till 1991, and the cars were 50 state approved

Take a $35,000 dollar Corvette, check the Chevrolet RPO code box for B2K, the car was shipped from the Bowling Green plant directly to Callaway Motors for the Twin Turbo conversion

By checking the B2K block, the additional cost for just the Twin Turbo conversion was almost 29,000 additional dollars

65K was alot of money back in those days

In 1990 there were 58 Callaway Corvettes produced

37 Coupes, 21 Convertibles

390 HP, 570 ft lbs of torque, 190 mph top speed

Pictures to follow (as soon as the rains subside)

Later

Ray

NC Callaway

Ray,

Where town did you purchase the NC Callaway?

I know of two there both near Hickory / Newton area.

Just wondering if it was my father's neighbor.

- Scott

Callaway Was Purchased In Newton, NC

Scott,

I purchased the car from Mr. Bobby Ray Burgin out on Mays Chapel Ch. Road, Newton

Great Guy

Took even better care of his car

Later,

Ray

Ray,

That's the one, Bobby lives across the street from my father.

Beautiful car!! I've seen it many times, but never on the road, as you can tell Bobby didn't drive it much.

Have fun

- Scott

Hey how about a Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo with all wheel drive, all wheel steering, and a five speed. Also has some mods. Extremely fast kicked the crap out of my mom's 2000 lightning and my neighbors 2000 Z06 corvette.