You can type here any text you want

GNX Original Owners Manual

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott Gifford

Hello,
In 1995 I purchased GNX # 397 from Mark Iozzo of Ogden Avenue Motors Inc located in Westmount, Illinois. During shipping from the dealership to my residence in Langley, British Columbia, Canada the original owners manual went missing. At the time I was just so ecstatic to have found one of these rare beauties with such low mileage (56 miles when it landed in my driveway) that the missing owners manual didn't really bother me at the time.
I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of a good avenue to persue to try to retrieve the lost manual? Except for the rare car that it represents the manual really belongs in the glove box of the car that it came with and as I'm learning now has become part of the value that the car holds. I am not really sure if the owners manual are vehicle specific with the production number marked on it. I have heard that that is the case which just makes my problem even more difficult to ever possibly solve!
I am a new member to Turbo Buick and any advise that can be shared will be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Scott

Greetings Scott,

Welcome! If you're talking about the actual Owner's Manual GNX Supplement, they were not numbered or vehicle-specific. They show up on eBay periodically, but you have to be careful if you're "paying up" for an original as many floating around are well-executed reproductions. Nothing wrong with the repros either, and I can help you track down one as they serve quite well. There is a board member here (search this forum) who produced some recently and did a very good job; he might have one or two.

If you're referring to the hardcover book, that's a different story. They were, in fact, embossed with the car number on an inset page and if the one for your car is gone, we can help try to locate it via our list at GNXRegistry.ORG. There are instances where people have purchased cars with two (or more) differently numbered books, or where previous owners came in to a few over the years. We've had success reuniting some current owners with their numbered books, but admittedly it has been limited to the goodwill of the members of the Registry. Some books still sit on the shelves of non-owners and we'll never know where they are.

Fortunately, there are non-numbered books available; again check eBay-- just as with the supplements, they also serve quite well. Many folks buy two books and keep one sealed in the GM shipping box. That way they can enjoy reading the other as it's pretty informative and a good reference.

PM me or drop me an email at GNXRegistry.ORG and I'll get a Registry form out to you.

Good luck!

Back