You can type here any text you want

GNX turbo for sale only 29k miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboaz

I have an original GNX turbo for sale with only 29k miles on it. Please call for details, but no time wasters please. $4,000 firm Paul 480-221-9572

Attachments

• gnxturbo.jpeg
    gnxturbo.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 643
That turbo 6R402 is from GNX 177, in case anyone's interested. If you can locate the current owner (car is not in the Registry), you might have some success in selling it.

Good luck!

gnx turbo

How much will this turbo increase the value of a GNX without an original? sorry for wasting your time.

How much will this turbo increase the value of a GNX without an original? sorry for wasting your time.

Not a waste at all-- a really good question and this forum is the perfect place for discussions like this.

The turbos were tied to each car by serial number (not in order-- no rhyme or reason, trust me). That means that a genuine GNX turbo would have more value to the owner of the car from which it came than to another owner or someone seeking to build a clone.

To answer your question, that value could be substantial in terms of dollars for those who value originality.

For instance, consider having the chance to get the original LS6 or Hemi block from the kid who just sold his trashed musclecar and reunite it years later (as Craig Jackson did when he traced the block for his purple Hemi Challenger Convertible to a storage locker in England). You'd probably jump at the opportunity, especially considering the escalation in values of these cars.

Don't get me wrong-- I know a turbo is certainly not as critical a component as an engine block-- but it is reasonable to consider that, to be "all matching numbers," such an assertion would include the turbo (especially on a limited edition car which derives much of its identity and value from that special turbo, which was individually serialized).

For most of us today, maybe it doesn't matter all that much, but years from now it probably will. Just like the kid who couldn't be bothered fixing that Winters block or saving the other original date-coded parts out of his uncle's old ZL1 after they replaced it with a 350 SB.

My 2 cents...

I agree with Doug.

Having the original turbo for a car is very important. The ceramic exhaust wheels are like glass and I would highly suggest bolting an exhaust elbow on that turbo just to protect it.

Back