You can type here any text you want

GNX vents...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

deputydawg

The fender vents on the GNX are functional. The only ones I have been able to locate are the ABS ones that double sided tape on. Is there a company out there that makes a functional fender vent? I want to go with the GNX flares and vents. I already have the GTA wheels (for now, will probably go with 18" wheels in the future).

The fact that they are held on by two sided tape has nothing to do with the functionality. In order to install any of them you will need to cut a hole in the fender to fit the vent into. Only the edge of the vent has the tape on it, the rest is open vents which feed air to the engine compartment. You will also have to cut a hole in the inner fender structure which happens to be right where the relays are mounted. I know because I have them on my "T"

If you were referring to a true functional vent into the engine compartment, I don't believe anybody makes them. If you meant "functional", as in feeding air to the engine compartment, it will be "functional" after you cut the holes.

They do not feed air into the engine compartment, they release some of the hot air captured under the hood to the atmosphere. But I think that the amount of hot air released is questionable. Not doubting that they work, only to what extent that they work.

You are absolutely correct. I realized what I said after I already posted twice. I think most will agree that they are pretty much for looks and no real performance benefit.

take off the rubber seal on the fire wall. that will get rid of alot of hot air...

The fender vents on the GNX are functional. The only ones I have been able to locate are the ABS ones that double sided tape on. Is there a company out there that makes a functional fender vent? I want to go with the GNX flares and vents. I already have the GTA wheels (for now, will probably go with 18" wheels in the future).
GNS performance

You are absolutely correct. I realized what I said after I already posted twice. I think most will agree that they are pretty much for looks and no real performance benefit.
they wouldn't have made them and took the time and a couple of prototypes to make them functional if they didn't do anything. They would've just put the outside vent for looks then. Other makes and models have done this to vent out hot air. Especially with that hot turbo, I'll take any help I can get!

Back