Gold color on our wheels?

postal

Peoples champ runner up
My black steel wheels(chevy rallys) look bad. I bought a set of 15" look alikes but the center webbing area is a cast alum finish. I want to paint these things gold and wondered what paint I need to get to match as close as I can get to our stock wheels.

TIA: Jason

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
AZTEC GOLD METALLIC
CODE 9218
DU PONT PRODUCT
THE other # on my paint can is C9047A H

this will match your front wheels perfectly.. i painted some spares, and they look as good as my tta wheels when they had 8k on them
also matched my 55k wheels on my other tta

hth
bryan

turbota said:
Postal: I had Dupont do a Spectograph type of check on one of my wheels a couple of years ago and they (here in michigan) came up with a 1976 model year Generous Motors color code number of 55. As strange as it may seem this paint mane is ------------- ANNIVERSARY GOLD METTALIC, what a surprise !!....I just checked both cans and there is a formula #44167AH on them....

They hooked me up with a local supplier that mixed up two spray cans of the stuff for me. This stuff is exactly the same as the color on the original wheels. The name of the Supplier is - Automotive Color Supply, Located at 30440 Groesbeck Hwy, Roseville , Mich. Phone 810 - 778-5151. The area code may have changed to 586 so if the 810 doesnt work try 586.
Good luck - turbota

Thanks Bryan & turbota, I got to try to get my hands on this paint pretty soon. Warm weather is approaching and Ive been slacking off to much.