gone to the other side

equalizer442

stil got the gn but i picked up a new toy.

11812233548.jpg

11909164765.jpg

11812274164.jpg

11812242842.jpg

11812224360.jpg

11812251641.jpg

11812261195.jpg

11909152733.jpg

11909160849.jpg

Sweet.........
Are the rear rims factory ,if not I would love to get a set with that deep dish look for my White T....any info would be great..

evil stance on that Stang Banger. I had a 91 LX hatch with tons of mods, and the 2 things I loved best were....

1. the sound a 5.0 makes with long tubes and no mufflers

2. how ridiculously cheap the parts are for those cars

shes a 347 stroker based on a mexican blocked 302 with aluminum heads and a healthy cam. its got a mod list a mile long, when my buddy gets it to me ill post it. it pulled 487 hp to the wheels with out nitrous.

the wheels are 17x8 inch ford bullet wheels up front and 18x10 knockoffs in the rear.

i had alittle problem out of her yesterday at a parade, a friend, who has the urge to touch everything focused on my cd player and found a bass setting. one thump from the 2 12s and 1000 watt amp and my cars radio died and the fan shut off coseing me to overheat. turns out who ever wired the cd player wired them in to the fusebox instead of using external fuses off the battery like it should have been done. :rolleyes: the fusebox completly melted, i nearly lost the car.

i called a freind who is a certified master mechanic, he braught along another master mechanic to help me out. i knew i could not tow it with out destroying something on the car so i had no option but to get it running. while they were working on the car my buddy hit the nitrous purge and shot a full blast clean under the shirt of the other mechanic, he did not look happy.

they bypassed the fusebox on two circutes using external fuses and replaced the maxi fuses under the hood and the car was good to go. i drove it up to there shop and we put it inside for the weekend. she should be good to go come tuesday, granted i can find another fusebox. there going to rewire the whole car the way it should be.

Hope this was not the same person that broke the fans and did the purge,if so shoot him now.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What brand knockoff's are those wheels..... :biggrin:

the fans broke because they were on the same fuse as the cd player and windows. :eek: not to sure on the wheels, i can find out though.

The wheels are stock to the newer mustangs up to 2004. Don't know about your year. I know for a fact they came on the GT's. What has it run in the 1/4 mile.

Jason

runs 6.8 in the 1/8th with out nitrous and on street tires, thats what a 10.4-10.5 in the 1/4th? it should run about high 9s low 10s on slicks and the juice if im correct?

once i gut the thing and get rid of that useless stereo system, amp, 2 12s, box, and interier ill be able to go faster. it needs a cage though, once thats done i can get rid of that 300 lb support behind the dash.

equalizer442 said:
runs 6.8 in the 1/8th with out nitrous and on street tires, thats what a 10.4-10.5 in the 1/4th? it should run about high 9s low 10s on slicks and the juice if im correct?

once i gut the thing and get rid of that useless stereo system, amp, 2 12s, box, and interier ill be able to go faster. it needs a cage though, once thats done i can get rid of that 300 lb support behind the dash.

6.8 in the 1/8 is more like a 10.6-10.7... That is still pretty darn impressive for a 347 on motor.. Pretty sweet sn95 car, I really like the way they look without the wing! :cool:

equalizer442 said:

Nice car, love that color.

But I call BS on the times bro, especially if we are to believe it ran 6.8 on those tires. I will also be willing to bet its heavy (for a stang), and the numbers don't work out. Maybe on slicks. I haven't seen any SN95's that heavy with that motor run high 9's either, maybe on a big shot but I doubt it.

Really cool car nonetheless, can we ask what you paid for it?

so whats SN95 mean? im still new to that car.

its got more in it, its still on the stock throttle body so a 75mm is due. even with out that it will still spin the tires at 80.

But I call BS on the times bro, especially if we are to believe it ran 6.8 on those tires. I will also be willing to bet its heavy (for a stang), and the numbers don't work out. Maybe on slicks. I haven't seen any SN95's that heavy with that motor run high 9's either, maybe on a big shot but I doubt it.

ive seen the time and dyno slips and i have personally seen the car pull the front tires about 2 foot in the air using slicks, notice the new exhaust tips. i know i could not do it, not used to the 5 speed yeat and the guy i baught it from has been racing sence he was 9 years old. it wasent on those tires or wheels for that matter, those were put on 2 weeks ago.

i payed 10 grand out the door. ;)

Quiky One said:
The wheels are stock to the newer mustangs up to 2004. Don't know about your year. I know for a fact they came on the GT's. What has it run in the 1/4 mile.

Jason

the rears are knockoffs... they are deepdish bullits which look tight. Awesome looking car man

JDSfastGN said:
the rears are knockoffs... they are deepdish bullits which look tight. Awesome looking car man

Sheesh...they are the same style. I'm not a Stang expert. The fronts came on stock GT's up 2004. :D BTW, JD, how come you have 12 injectors on your car? Check your sig. ;)

Jason

EDIT: he edited his sig. Sorry to hijack your thread.

equalizer442 said:
so whats SN95 mean? im still new to that car.

It refers to the body style. '79-'93 Mustangs are referred to as "Fox" bodied.

'94 - '04 (I think?..) are SN-94/95.

'05's are referred to as S-197.

BTW - Nice car! :cool:

Very good looking Mustang. Correct me if I am wrong but the Mexican blocks have a higher nickel content, right? :confused:

heres some info i found about them. mines a C8AM block, im no ford guy so i dont know but does this mean that my motor came out of a 68 gt350?

Many of you already know the history of the Mexican 302 Block, for those that don't here you go... In 1968 Ford opened a foundry in Mexico due to the popularity of the Mustang. This foundry was tasked to model the 302 blocks out of Cleveland. The blocks that were cast in Mexico actually were a 'fluke' in the manufacturing. Word got around about the 'fluked' blocks and many people that were purchasing, Mustangs, Cougars, trucks, etc would say, 'Just make sure it doesn't have one of those Mexican blocks in it."

That 'fluke' proved to be one of the best Ford blocks designed. Not only was the design superior to the other foundries 302's but the Mexican forging had a higher nickel content. Nickel when hot flexes more than iron and therefore can stand higher temps and stronger torque. The design of this block was utilized in many of the 1968 Shelby GT350s with a C8AM block. To couple this block, they also utilized main bearing caps that are almost an exact match to the ever famous 289 HiPo main caps.

*** For more documented information on the strength of this Mexican 302 block see the February 2000 issue of Mustangs and Fords pp 30-38. This is article quotes on page 31, picture 5. ''The Mexican block is a thicker, cast-iron casting that's rich in nickel. It also sports heavy-duty main bearing caps, similar to the vintage 289 High Performance. Although we're building a mild street mill, this block can easily withstand a six- to seven-grand spin.'' ***

That is what I was thinking, I have never personally owned one and it has been a while since my Mustang days....ever since I rode in a GN! :eek: