good exhaust system

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
I have these mods listed below what would a good aftermarket exahuast system be? I hae heard hooker is a good system and pretty easy on the pocketbook compared to some other systems. What do yall suggest? oh and i also heard the hooker system came with a test pipe is this true?

Yes, the Hooker system is a good buy. Less than $300 delivered to your door. Yes, mine came with a test pipe, but I couldn't use it because it's for the 2.5" stock downpipe and I have a 2.75" BGC downpipe.

BTW, I'm selling my old 2.75" BGC exhaust with SS UltraFlow muffs if you're interested. It's in good condition. I'm polishing it up now to take some pictures so I can put it up for sale...test pipe included. I'll probably ask $175 for it. The reason I went to the Hooker is because, IMO, it's quieter than the 2.75" UltraFlow.

Yes, it comes with the Aero Chamber mufflers. They sound good and don't drone. I have installed several of these systems, they work great. Well worth the $$$.

I have a ATR 3" crossflow (3" back to muffler and dual 3" out) and I have had the ATR single 3" on my old GN's and love both. They cost alittle more but what you get is well worth the money. The single 3" is louder but both nice at idle and cruise.
I have gone low 11's and will be in the 10 next time at the track and have had no problems with either, plus you can not beat the sound IMOP. :D

hooker system is great. Didnt like the aerochambers tho, changed to the dynomax magnums and i like it much better.

Dan

I went 11.71 at 116 thru the hooker exhaust. I know another guy when 10.20's thru them. Thats why I bought it.

George

Definitely not more quiet. Its a straight through design muffler. Sounds great and gave me a noticeable difference in seat of the pants test when i swapped them.