You can type here any text you want

Good morning, Americans...it's FRIDAY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
WakkoSS said:
I bought a new car this week...woohoo! Sooooooo sexy, too....already named this moistmaker "Nugget". Can you figure out why?

76_1.JPG
is that joe dirt's ta in the back yard?

Joe Dirt didn't have a T/A, he had a Daytona. On the other hand Bandit had a T/A. There's also a Delorean and a General Lee in the garage.

WakkoSS said:
Joe Dirt didn't have a T/A, he had a Daytona. On the other hand Bandit had a T/A. There's also a Delorean and a General Lee in the garage.
thats right. kid rock drove the ta. what kind of transmission does a delorean have?

A crappy five speed or a crappy automatic. They only had 110 horsepower, but handled very well. I never asked the guy which tranny he had and I haven't seen pics. Here is a coupla pics that I took with my car and a local guy's Delorean:

Attachments

• CharDelo1.JPG
    CharDelo1.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 75
  • CharDelo3.JPG
    CharDelo3.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 67
WakkoSS said:
A crappy five speed or a crappy automatic. They only had 110 horsepower, but handled very well. I never asked the guy which tranny he had and I haven't seen pics. Here is a coupla pics that I took with my car and a local guy's Delorean:
I would imagine the 5-speed would be better with the stock 2.8l V6.
The producers must have had to do some serious upgrades to make it spin the tires in the movie that made it famous.

WakkoSS said:
cool thanks for the photo's. when i get to work im going to look up which automatic came in a delorean. then im going to move on with my life.

WakkoSS said:
I bought a new car this week...woohoo! Sooooooo sexy, too....already named this moistmaker "Nugget". Can you figure out why?
Ok, I give up.
Why is it named Nugget?

Can't wait to hear this.....

When they made the Delorean spin the tires I believe they used a floor jack to hover the wheel over the tarmac, which was wet in the first place. I don't know that for a fact though. Perhaps they chocked the front wheels and just popped the clutch but those rear tires are pretty wide. There are upgrades available for the PRV motor and motor swaps are known to happen. Naturally there's at least one DMC with a GN motor in it...now THAT'S a perfect mating! The exhaust noise was edited in for the movie too, the 2.8 sounds nothing like that regardless of the mufflers you use.

Here's another pic, note the roof of the Delorean barely over the upper door edge. It was THAT short, but I was squatting. Very comfortable though. Nugget as in turd nugget. :) My previous Fury is named Booger since it's nasty green. I think I need to get out of first grade or something... :redface:

Attachments

• ChargerSide.JPG
    ChargerSide.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 127
It's FRIDAY!

110 horsepower? Damn, that's 5 short of my Harley :eek:

Will a Delorean even make it to 88 mph? ;)

fRib@Y

Only with a flux capacitor, and 121 gigawatts :eek:

It did need help to spin the tires
When they made the Delorean spin the tires I believe they used a floor jack to hover the wheel over the tarmac, which was wet in the first place.
:rolleyes:

It's FRIDAY!

441120 said:
Only with a flux capacitor, and 121 gigawatts :eek:

I don't think the flux capacitor affects vehicle performance. All it does is make time travel possible. Now Mr. Fusion on the other hand...that can be used to generate energy.

I need that flux cap to get me to 4:00.
Got another motor to put back together. My oldest better take care of this one. I ain't doin it again.

TGIF

Bah Humbug

I work tomorrow, today is not friday for me so I'm not posting on this thread today.
Have fun & be safe :biggrin:

It's Friday

I know my days are messed up, but today is friday, no? :confused:
This is a three day weekend isn't it? :confused:
I'll be getting screwed by Ernesto :mad: this weekend(not in a gay way), how 'bout everyone else?
Y'all filling sandbags? :confused:

Back