You can type here any text you want

Got a set of GTAs, now what do I need?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNTurbo6

Asian guy in redneck car
I know the fronts should fit on the rear no problem, but I need spacers for the rears on the front. I heard 3/8" is good but is 1/2" any better? Also, what's the part # on the NAPA 1/2" longer studs? Also, do the normal GN lug nuts work on the GTAs or will I need to get specific ones. Last but not least, whats the best place to buy (reproduction) center caps?

Bonus question: Are there any spindles from other GM cars that will fit on the front and allow me to fit both the GTAs and stock GN wheels without a spacer?

Your going to need a 7/16" or 1/2" spacer with shanked lug nuts and possibly need to knurl the lug nut holes on those "rear" GTA's going on the front of your car. This eliminates the need for linger studs. When I did this on my T-type years ago I put the spacer on, and the wheel and tried to use regular lug nuts and only got about 2 or 3 turns, NOT GOOD! Shanked style lug nuts is the way to go, your just going to have to open the lug stud holes in the wheels a little more to be able to get the shanked lug nut to fit inside. After that, I got 7-9 turns on my lug nuts. HTH

B-body spindles with the 12inch Camaro Rotors, that is what I have on my 87T , I run rear GTA's on the Front and front GTA's on my Rear. Fits like it came from the factory. The stock steel GN wheels do not fit anymore, problems with offset and 12inch rotor clearance. The B-body spindles stick out about 5/8 more than the stockers on each side, that is what allows the Rear GTA wheels to fit without spacers or longer studs on the front. It is an Expensive way to go just to fit the GTA's on the front, but it works like it was factory engineered.

PS- the stock GN lug nuts will work on the GTA wheels , but I would recomend going with McGard lug nuts as a replacement for the factory lugs, they are a lot stronger , better looking and a hell of a lot cheaper than the factory lug nuts. The ones that I bought were the same part# for the factory alum T wheels and the GTAs as well.

Thanks for the info. Where can I get shanked McGard lug nuts? Is there anywhere to order them online or should Autozone/NAPA have them? Also about how much larger will I have to make the holes?

How do these look? Since I've seen GM 5x4.75" spacers for close to $50 anyway. Would the 1.25" ones be any better?

eBay Motors: WHEEL SPACERS ADAPTERS GM S10 CAMARO CORVETTE FIREBIRD (item 120092984106 end time Mar-12-07 01:15:00 PDT)

EDIT: Err, Kirban's recommends 1.125" wheel adapters to fit the rears on the rear but from what I've read, it's much safer to put the rears on the front and therefore this isn't what I need. Looks like they don't make 1/2" wheel adapters :(

I did find a pair of 7/8" wheel adapters, would those be too big for putting the rears on the front?

Those look like the same spacers I used to bring my GTA wheels out a little more on the rear. Looks better under my fender flares on my GNX clone. You can buy two piece lug nuts ( with the black plastic cap) from auto parts store to fit 1989 trans am wheels.

Back