You can type here any text you want

Got my a$$ handed to me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toddmingnworld

Undead1
A; come to find out, slightly modded 94 Twin Turbo dodge stealth
wanted to play on the freeway & I said no thanks...he followed me onto a 4 way street and I'm thinking OK I can handle this guy...I decide to pull into a gas station and chat before we play..Claimed he pulled a 12.9 ET last outting at the track while
having problems shifting into the 3rd & said he's running 16 psi's..BTW, it's about 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon & 85 degrees outside but I thought what the hell, I'll give him what he wants....

We stop by and gas up....(I run Amoco 93 on the street & had about a half tank in their at the time & fill up on 110 Turbo Blue (About 5 gallons worth) we go get a light....My friend follows behind us for a good look watching for the cops...Meanwhile him & I line up...I tried to brake boost her but mistimed the light, it goes green & I heard a light chirp and BAM he instanted pulled 2 cars, I stomp it & burn my tires up, no traction at ALL & can never close the gap...Tried it again once traffic cleared and same result, this time he had maybe 2 1/2 car lengths right out the gate....Tried from a 20 mph roll & same thing 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths..

We never stayed in it past 55 or so..We pulled over & chatted for several minutes..My friend said it looked like I was sitting their while he took off...I'm not going to make any excuses...Back to the lab to retool..He was a pretty cool guy..
Was not cocky or anything and says this is the first GN he has raced...I warned him to be careful about picking on GN's.... I have a feeling he'll pick on the wrong one given how easily he walked by me...

Come to find out testing my boost level on my way home; since I have one of those cockpit dial a boost knobs, that my vendor last set my PSI @14 pounds...No wonder I lost...Combine low boost with no traction and I guess that a correct recipe to loss.....Got to get a set of drag radials & crank the boost up.....Need more $$$ so I can get my TE-44....

Todd

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Theres one thing you can feel good about. Those cars are extremely high maintance, and a b!tch to work on too. So while your retooling, hes spendin an hour just to check his plugs:D .

BTW the twin turbo 3s's are all wheel drive

Originally posted by slow87
BTW the twin turbo 3s's are all wheel drive

That's really the problem right there. Unless you're running DRs and brake boost, it will jump away from you at the line every time. And unless you have A LOT more power, you're not going to close the gap in such a short distance (to 55-60 MPH). Playing catch-up is very difficult. It's how I beat a modded TT Supra to 60 in my Typhoon. No one would believe me. Unless you're the one 2 car lengths behind jamming your right foot through the floorboard trying to catch up you wouldn't understand how an AWD car launches.

Jim

That no traction thing is annoying and has got me on a few occasions. Unfortunately, the only close way to overcome that if you're not on DRs is roll out then jump on it. I lost to a Firebird one time because I sat there and did a posi test. I would love to do an AWD launch. I know I've had my truck in the rain before and romped on it.. that's a laugh to take off from everyone in the pouring rain. Must be nice to do in the dry weather with gobs of power. Hrmm.. an AWD GN... I wonder.

I wonder if I would have been able to close the gap had their been room enough us to stay in it?? I have his number and I will
be calling him to go again, this time at the track & I promise win or loss I'll be much more prepared than I was that day...

Todd

I just realized you said he said was runnin 16 psi. We have several 3s's around here only in the 13's(not low 13's either) runnin 16+ psi. If you can, can you get this guys mod list? I would love to know what hes got since I'm building one of those cars as we speak.

slow87,

Actually we exchanged numbers, I think I still have his number
written down somewhere for revenge purposes...:D
I'm still at work right now ubt I'll try to get his number for you
tomorrow..

Todd

DR's

Didn't notice if you said you had DR's on the car, that was the best money I've spent on my GN yet. They don't hook like slicks, but they are WAY better than regular radials. - BB

Back