Got rear-ended, need advise

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
Well,

I was on the x-press way and had to stop suddenly. The rear is still in good condition( no broken parts), I was rear ended and was hit at an angle towards the passenger side. The bumper is pushed in at an angle towards the pass.side.
I took it home and noticed by the pass. quarter-panel area, there is a slight kink. I opened the trunk and noticed by the spare tire wheel well, there is about a 3 inch gap. I looked under the car, and noticed that the frame is a little twisted by the beginning of the axel . My questions are: Is this repairable? Will this affect the cars handling even if fixed? Would this be considered a total? What can I do?

Thanks

Talk to friends in your area and find a reputable repair shop. Most shops will repair the car so that you won't ever realize it was damaged...

ok, so it is possible to straighten the frame? If it's done correctly, it will be safe enough to race with? I'm just worried that my launch might be affected.

Originally posted by SpeednV6
ok, so it is possible to straighten the frame? If it's done correctly, it will be safe enough to race with? I'm just worried that my launch might be affected.

Don't sweat it. The frame extensions back there are really just to hang the bumper off of. It would have to get hit REALLY hard to affect the mounting points for the suspension. Mine hit a pole going sideways and "swayed" the body to the left. Both frame extensions were bent but it did not affect the suspension at all. Even before it was repaired, it drove perfectly straight and handled fine (I put over 500 mile on it in it's totaled condition, 'twas a bit windy but otherwise okay).

Find a good shop - you'll never know it was hit. I hope you got the insurance/contact info from the bozo that hit you....

Jim

It will be totalled most likely. :(

Buy it back and drive it.

If it's bent behind the rear wheel it shouldn't hurt you too much.

I still race mine. ;)

Gotta drive it to tell.

Frames can be straightened and quarters replaced.

I'll try and post a pic. of my bent up car, that was hit exactly as yours was, later.

Well... First thing you do is get a kneck brace, then contact the other persons insurance and let them know that you are in allot of pain and need to get a "brain Transplant" :eek: At least that what would happen to me if I hit someone. :D

SalvageV6: Mine looks alot like yours did, except, it has only one kink on the lower quarter panel. If they total mine, how much do I buy it back? What amount will the ins. say it's worth?