You can type here any text you want

Got Smoked by a GN Today!

• Thread starter Thread starter 350RPowerdcivic
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

350RPowerdcivic

I wasn't expecting to win but I wanted to see just how fast this car was. He totally smoked my ass. I had absolutely no chance at all. After the so called "race" we met up at a local store and he let me drive the beast. I'm in love. I still love imports for fuel economy but am now devoting my life to purchasing a Grand National. The pure power is unbelievable. The guy said it was an 87 and he had a few mods on it. All and all, I was impressed to say the least. Soon, I will own one and be part of the family.

You guy's need to lay off this guy. He's come to his senses and should be congratulated for wanting to leave the rice behind. At least he decided to own a MAN'S car and not a girly girl's car like a mustang!!!

Once a ricer you can never go back. This guy is "the typical ricer!"

Stickers, spoilers, and your fart can. He probably thinks that because he can do more laps around a track that his cars is better, cus he can go further without refueling......

No stickers, no fart can. I do get good gas mileage but that doesn't compare to HP. I bought the civic for its fuel economy, not to go out and drag race. Lets face it, hondas are not for racing. GN's are.

Come on be_regal (and anyone else who is about to sling $#it at this guy), get over it. If the guy wants rice, so what. If he wants a TR, great. My question is: WHY WORRY ABOUT IT?!:rolleyes:

Be_Regal-whats up? Hows work going? Your just mad cause I'm interested in them and will own a GN before you. Good luck with your regal.

Originally posted by 350RPowerdcivic
we met up at a local store and he let me drive the beast.

I find this very hard to believe. I don't know about the rest of you guys, nobody drives my car but me, my wife, and maybe my father-in-law ( He has a GN also). Any way, its nice to see you've come around to your senses. Welcome to the family. :)

Ryan

?????

dude a week ago you were flameing right and left! i got a good laugh out of it all, but how did you go from calling it "heavy ass granney car that my civic si w/ no mods beat" to "i wanna buy one and learn as much as i can" ? i dont get it.

Well, a few weeks ago when I posted that I was just trying to get a rise outta you guys. After seeing and learning a little about them, I have realized that the car is no joke. Its fast as hell. Sorry if you don't believe me but oh well. I like the GN's and hopefully I will buy one when the finances are right.

350-congrats on wanting a great car. You picked a might fine one to fall in love with. Good luck with trying to buy one.

Re: Re: Got Smoked by a GN Today!

Originally posted by DR. Death
You guy's need to lay off this guy. He's come to his senses and should be congratulated for wanting to leave the rice behind.

Absolutely!

At least he decided to own a MAN'S car and not a girly girl's car like a mustang!!!

Now, now! You were going on pretty good there and then suddenly derailed. Even if he wanted to get a Mustang it'd still be a big improvement and a step in the right direction.

Originally posted by TurboRyan
I find this very hard to believe. I don't know about the rest of you guys, nobody drives my car but me, my wife, and maybe my father-in-law ( He has a GN also).

Do you find it hard to believe that I let somebody drive my GN the first time I met him in person? Prior to meeting him, I only knew him from the Internet. And not only that, but I let him race my GN against a Mustang (mine - with me driving it). You'll have to search my username for the outcome of that race - it's posted here.

Just in case anyone forgot....

Here is what this mental giant posted a few weeks ago.

"I have a 1998 bone stock si and I kicked a 1986 GN. I thought those things were fast but it totally sucked ass. The driver was totally in shock when he saw my honda pulling hard on him."

I think I missed that one...

Looks like another has been educated on the power of the Buick. Surely, that previous post was intended to be rable-rousing. He even admits that 5 posts ago himself. I imgine that he would probably agree that any properly running stock GN/TR would trounce any Stock Civic. Sounds like a true convert to me now. I mean, how many here actually started with Buicks? Lyonsd clearly states that he met the guy and gave him a sample.

I see a new race now. Who gets into v6 turbo power first, "350R" or "be_regal"???:confused:

Place your bets!!!:o

When i get a GN ... nobody is driving it sept fer me my parents or mabey my bro cause im sure i will have him over alot h4lping me do stuff to it cause he has one .. speaking of bros .. Turboryan .. i reall really think you should let your lil bro drive it at least once :)

Dan

Well now!

I just went back and read that other post y'all were talking about. Wow! Entertaining & yet disturbing at the same time! I think it had classic Troll written all over it. But I also feel that "350R" might have turned over a new leaf. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I get. For the benefit of "350R" I'll say a few words.

As far as I'm concerned, you are welcome here as long as you lay off the Troll stuff. Maybe you've already given it up, but if you're still undecided, let my words try and convince you. I don't think anyone would fault you one bit if you truly beat a GN/TR, but there are too many knowledgeable people here who would spot BS in a heart beat, and call it out in the next breath. You changed your story - Stock Honda, then 75hp NOS, then you made that comment about having forged pistons, etc. But you admit it yourself, so I don't forsee any future problems, especially if you truly are joining ranks with us. As you become more and more intimate with the joy that well tuned & properly running GN/TRs & TTAs bring, you will never look at any other performance car the same way ever again. And I really do mean ANY OTHER PERFORMANCE CAR! (can I get a witness?)

I suppose that's probably enough rambling at this point (too much already, as others probably think) But welcome all the same, and good luck in your quest to acquire ownership of at least one of the finest automobiles to bless our green planet with it's presence!:cool:

With my rampage a few ago- I was just trying to "stir" up trouble. I apolagized for that and am ready to move on. I am willing to learn and am happy I will be accepted. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Got Smoked by a GN Today!

Originally posted by lyonsd
Do you find it hard to believe that I let somebody drive my GN the first time I met him in person? Prior to meeting him, I only knew him from the Internet. And not only that, but I let him race my GN against a Mustang (mine - with me driving it).

That's fine. But are you saying that you would let some kid, who the only reason you know him is because you just raced him and his Civic EX, drive your car? If so, you have bigger gonads and less since than I do. You see, the situation you discribed is much different than the situation 350R discribed. If you don't aggree, that's fine. :) I'm not looking to start another flame war.

Ryan

I only have one question........where do you live 350r??? In the last thread you mentioned living in Indy. Now you say you drove lyonsd buick down in Georgia. I'm confused.......I was ready to run you here in good ol Indiana.:rolleyes:

Back