You can type here any text you want

Got Smoked by a GN Today!

• Thread starter Thread starter 350RPowerdcivic
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Smoked by a GN Today!

Originally posted by TurboRyan

That's fine. But are you saying that you would let some kid, who the only reason you know him is because you just raced him and his Civic EX, drive your car? If so, you have bigger gonads and less since than I do. You see, the situation you discribed is much different than the situation 350R discribed. If you don't aggree, that's fine. :) I'm not looking to start another flame war.

Well Ryan, you are right - they are different situations. But to answer your question, I don't know. But if I did let anybody like that drive my car, you can bet I'd be in the passenger seat.

Originally posted by 1WE4
I only have one question........where do you live 350r??? In the last thread you mentioned living in Indy. Now you say you drove lyonsd buick down in Georgia. I'm confused.......I was ready to run you here in good ol Indiana.:rolleyes:

:eek: He never said he drove mine. :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Got Smoked by a GN Today!

Originally posted by lyonsd

Do you find it hard to believe that I let somebody drive my GN the first time I met him in person? Prior to meeting him, I only knew him from the Internet. And not only that, but I let him race my GN against a Mustang (mine - with me driving it). You'll have to search my username for the outcome of that race - it's posted here.

This is getting REALLY confusing!!!:confused: 350R never said he drove your car, but it sure sounded like you were saying that he did, when you said "him" and didn't specify someone else. When I first read about your mustang vs your GN, it confused me that you seemed to be talking about someone else, and not 350R, but now that you say it was not 350R who drove your car, it makes more sense (but it's still confusing) The fact that you are in Geogia and he's in Indiana didn't bother me too much, b/c anyone can easily go in and change their profile.

Now I find myself wondering just who's car 350R drove, or did it not even happen at all?

350R - come clean! How did you happen to drive a GN? Was it someone that posts here? How did you know the person? Your credibility isn't doing that great at the moment, so trying to pile any more BS isn't going to score you any more points. If anything, it'll set you back. As far as I'm concerned, if you do happen to acquire an LC2 powered automobile, you'll still be a "member of the family" but if you happen to say "Hey, I bought myself a GN" don't be surprised if no one believes you. And if you're thinking about registering with a new name to try and fabricate credibility, don't waste your time (if you want to try anyway, see if the sig "GNXGURU" is available) It'll take someone that's established to assure credibility.

My advice to you would be to try and actually meet with a tb.com member in your area and have them post something like "Yep, met the guy this weekend" You'll probably get a race for real, or at least some kind of demonstration. I will even let you drive either of my cars if you can make it to NC. There's going to be a picnic on OCT 27th with several NC members in attendence if you're free that weekend. Come out from behind that keyboard. I think you might be glad you did.

I never said I drove his gn. I really live in Kentucky. He made it sound like I drove his but I didn't. I don't even know who he is. If and when I do get a GN, I will sure post pics of it and hopefully meet with some fellow members to better my credability with ya. When lyonsd replied it just sounded weird.

May I suggest some driving lessons before you go wrap your new GN/ T-type around a tree.

Only a slight:D increse in HP there from a Civic to a turbo 6.

I started with Buicks an '84 n/a regal. that motor is now in my truck.
Lane Gordon
Fast Lane
'85 GN ('87 motor/lookalike)
'89 S10 Cameo buick powered

ATEUUP-I've driven some powerfull cars before. Yes, its a huge difference from my ecomony-gas saving civic to the GN. The civic wasn't bought and never had planned on making it fast. Thats not why I bought it. Why sink thousands of dollars into a four cylinder and still have a slow 4 cylinder. Not worth it.

Just wait till you get a turbo regal, modify it and destroy a new vette or viper with your 15 year old "GRANNY" car. The experience will be PRICELESS!!!

Re: I think I missed that one...

Originally posted by ncgreg231
I mean, how many here actually started with Buicks? Lyonsd clearly states that he met the guy and gave him a sample.

I see a new race now. Who gets into v6 turbo power first, "350R" or "be_regal"???:confused:

Place your bets!!!:o

I don't care who gets one first...as long as they both get one! Also I've been driving my 87 GN since I started driving at 15 and I am still having fun with it me being 19 now. I never get bored with the car and it kicks most cars a$$'s on the road:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Smoked by a GN Today!

Originally posted by ncgreg231
This is getting REALLY confusing!!!:confused: 350R never said he drove your car, but it sure sounded like you were saying that he did, when you said "him" and didn't specify someone else. When I first read about your mustang vs your GN, it confused me that you seemed to be talking about someone else, and not 350R, but now that you say it was not 350R who drove your car, it makes more sense (but it's still confusing) The fact that you are in Geogia and he's in Indiana didn't bother me too much, b/c anyone can easily go in and change their profile.

There's no need to be confused. It's really pretty simple. Let's start with my post (I've highlighted pertinent parts):

I posted:
Do you find it hard to believe that I let somebody drive my GN the first time I met him in person? Prior to meeting him, I only knew him from the Internet. And not only that, but I let him race my GN against a Mustang (mine - with me driving it). You'll have to search my username for the outcome of that race - it's posted here.

Now as you cam plainly see, I said I let somebody drive my GN. If it was "350R", I would have said it was "350R".

You would find out who that "somebody" was if you did a search on the post that I mentioned. You'll see that it was a cat named "Jared Rude".

See how simple that was?

where are you from? if your in the ny area let me know. i got a few friends whith STOCK MCSS and they'll romp you. if you beet them well its my turn and you know the outcome.

What are you talking about-I said he smoked my ass. Nothing negative-I lost and I posted it. I am trying to learn as much as possible about GN because I want one.

Be_Regal-quit hateing because I will have a GN first. YOur just jealous. GO do some work.

Guys, stop beating a dead horse, this post died a long time ago. Sheesh! Breathe, stretch, and move on......:rolleyes:

Back