You can type here any text you want

Grand Nat Vs My Svo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNXPSI4PWR

FIRST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HELLO AND HOW'S IT GOING. NO I DO NOT HAVE A GRAND NAT BUT I AM IN THE MARKET LOOKING FOR ONE, I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS WHY I WANT ONE SO BAD AND WHAT SENT ME INTO A WHIRL WIND OF SIDE CHANGES. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A FORD GUY AND WILL ALWAYS BE A FORD GUY BUT HAVE ALWAYS LOVED GRAND NATS ANT TURBO T'S. I WAS OUT CRUSING ONE WEEKEND IN MY LITTLE 2.3 TURBO FORD AND WAS ON THE PROWL FOR SOM HONDA OR V8 TRASH TO INCINERATE AND AS I COME DOWN MY LOCAL HIGHWAY 50 I SEE WHAT IS OR WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A MONTE CARLO. I COME ALONG SIDE OF THE GUY AS IF I WAS THE $H1T CUS I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO GET SKOOLED TURBO STYLE. BUT I GET NECK AND NECK I SEE THE WHEELS THE HOOD INDENT AND THOSE INFAMOUS WORDS 3.8 TURBO. IT WAS A GRAND NAT DID I BIGHT ON MORE THAN I COULD CHEW, WELL WHAT THE HELL I THOUGHT LETS GIVE IT A SHOT. I ROLE DOWN MY WINDOW EXCHANGE GLANCES AND 1 2 3 WE ARE OFF. I HAVE HIM OUT THE HOLE BUT HE'S PULLING FAST. HIT SECOND AND WERE SIDE BY SIDE. NO FREAKING WAY HIT HI BOOST ON THE PROFIC B AND SHOOT PAST HIM HIT THIRD AND I AM ABOUT A CAR AND A HALF AHEAD AND OUT OF NO WHERE LIKE A BAT STRAIGHT OUT OF HELL HE BLOWS PAST ME LIKE I AM IN REVERSE. MY SVO HAS CLOCKED A BEST OF 12.48 AT 108 AND THIS GUY IN HIS OVER WEIGHT MONT JUST ATE ME FOR LUNCH. I SHUT IT DOWN AROUND 100 TO 110 AND HE FLAGS ME DOWN TO PULL OVER AND WE DO AT AT A LOCAL SUNOCO. AS HE POPS HIS HOOD I SEE THIS MONSTROSITY IN WHICH HE CALLS A TURBOCHARGER. ITS BIGGET THAN MY WIFES BLOW DRYER. WE TALK FOR A BIT AND HE COMPLEMENTS ME ON MY SVO AND TELLS ME IT WAS HIS BEST STREET RACE IN MONTHS. NEVER THE LESS WE GO ON OUR WAY JUST HOPING THAT I CAN CATCH HIM AGAIN ON THE TWISTYS, THERE I KNOW HE STANDS NO CHANCE BUT UNTIL THEN I WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY MEMORY OF MY FIRST LESSON ON BUICK POWER. I AM NOT IN SEARCH OF A BUICK GRAND NAT. SOON AS I GET BACK FROM TECH SCHOOL ITS ON IT WILL BE MINE. I WILL HAVE TWO RARE TURBO BREEDS IN MY GARAGE. SORRY FORTHE LONG STORY BUT JUST WANTED TO SHOW MY LOVE FOR THESE CARS AND WANTED TO SAY U GUYS ARE SOME OF THE MOST HELPFULL GUYS I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS ON A FORUM.

capslock.gif

Welcome to the forum!
Yeah, gotta watch that all caps thing. Its percieved as yelling when you are typing online. Besides that, it is just really hard to read. I enjoyed your story though.
Good luck on your search for a GN!

Originally posted by GNXPSI4PWR

First off I would like to say hello and how's it going? No I do not have a grand nat but I am in the market looking for one, I just wanted to tell you guys why I want one so bad and what sent me into a whirlwind of side changes. I have always been a ford guy and will always be a ford guy but have always loved grand nats and turbo t's.

I was out cruising one weekend in my little 2.3 turbo ford and was on the prowl for some honda or v8 trash to incinerate and as I come down my local highway 50 I see what is or what I thought was a monte carlo. I come along side of the guy as if I was the $h1t cus I knew he was going to get skooled turbo style. But I get neck and neck I see the wheels, the hood indent and those infamous words 3.8 turbo. It was a grand nat, did I bite on more than I could chew? Well what the hell I thought lets give it a shot. I roll down my window exchange glances and 1 2 3 we are off. I have him out the hole but he's pulling fast. Hit second and were side by side. No freaking way hit hi boost on the profic b and shoot past him hit third and I am about a car and a half ahead and out of nowhere like a bat straight out of hell he blows past me like I am in reverse. My svo has clocked a best of 12.48 at 108 and this guy in his overweight mont just ate me for lunch. I shut it down around 100 to 110 and he flags me down to pull over and we do at at a local sunoco. As he pops his hood I see this monstrosity in which he calls a turbocharger. Its bigger than my wife's blow dryer. We talk for a bit and he compliments me on my svo and tells me it was his best street race in months. Nevertheless we go on our way just hoping that I can catch him again on the twistys, there I know he stands no chance but until then I will always have my memory of my first lesson on buick power.

I am not in search of a buick grand nat. Soon as I get back from tech school its on it will be mine. I will have two rare turbo breeds in my garage. Sorry for the long story but just wanted to show my love for these cars and wanted to say u guys are some of the most helpful guys I have ever come across on a forum.
:D I even spell checked a couple things for you. Its a good story but I was getting a headache reading it in all caps. Much easier to read now.

Thanks for joining (the Navy, not the board). I for one appreciate your service.

Good luck finding your GN, I fell backwards into mine. I got it to settle a debt, intended to fix it up and sell it. That's not going to happen, the hook has been set.

Back