You can type here any text you want

Grand National newbie..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stangbangin69

Well, i've done it... i was big into ls1 camaro's and i've just traded my low 12 second 00 z28 to a 86 buick gn.. it needs a lil work but i'm really banking on the people on here to help a newb out.. i don't know much about em so i'm gonna read up as much as possible... anyone got any tips or pointers let me know.. the guy i traded did say it had an aftermarket cam (specs unknown), bigger turbo and bigger intercooler and a forged bottom end.. i'm hoping with some sticky tires it'll at least go low 12's off the bat.. any help is greatly appreciated! thnx :D

TURBOBUICK is the KING of CARS.

welcome aboard. get some picture of the TR (terror regal).:D

PICS UPDATED!!! don't laugh to hard... it's in the works..lol

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

Very good trade, i broke my engine more times than i can count, dew to lack of understanding. Good luck, and read!!

This site and turbobuicks.com have a wealth of knowledge. read alot, you won't be new for long. Congrats and welcome!

Looks good! Just bring it to life now! Welcome aboard!

Attachments

• P5110018-2.jpg
    P5110018-2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 370
you should go do some reading @ gnttype.org also.... the tech article's there are very good.....

Looking a lot better but get a front bumper on there ASAP, lol!:biggrin:

Welcome to the darkside and keep us posted on your progress.

Looking better & better. Even though mine had 35,000 miles on it, the original owner had it sitting on a trailer under a plastic tarp. It looked like a wreck. But now its right. Good luck and take your time and do it right. Mike

Attachments

• P5110021-3.jpg
    P5110021-3.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 263
  • P5110013-1.jpg
    P5110013-1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 267
  • P5110018-3.jpg
    P5110018-3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 265
Nice Find,keep Up The Progress.like These Guys Say Do Some Reading And Go From There.you'll Love Your Buick Like Nothing Else.

Looking good, looks like it's coming together. Now it's time to get that front bumper on and the tranny situation ironed out. Soon you'll be terrorizing Happy Valley Road, I assume that's still the hangout.

If you need a front bumper give me a call, I've got one out back that needs painting.

Looking good, looks like it's coming together. Now it's time to get that front bumper on and the tranny situation ironed out. Soon you'll be terrorizing Happy Valley Road, I assume that's still the hangout.

If you need a front bumper give me a call, I've got one out back that needs painting.

ah, thnx for the offer. my bumper should be ready to be picked up from paint on friday. i'm gonna get on that trans this week. i gotta do the pump mod for the 400th. i can hardly wait to feel it with a good trans.. it pulls like a mother then i gotta let outta the throttle because of the missing 2nd gear. i think the youngsters up here cruise around autozone mostly now. i'm still friends with some of the mustang boys also. i wanna get the ole TR lined up against one of them ponies..:biggrin:

I guess it's been close to 20 years since I was last messing around your neighborhood at night on a weekend, damn that makes me feel old.

Let me know when you get it together, we'll hook up and have some fun with them pony cars.

Back