Great Plains Challenge(Buicks vs. Mopars)

Dave Burns

In true "challenge" fashion we have altered the way the Great Plains Challenge is being run this year. We are gonna make things interesting..............

BUICKS VS. MOPARS, August 5th and 6th, Kearney Nebraska, Kearney Raceway Park. We will be back onboard here with more details later, and will have a flyer to print for anyone that wants one. I would ask that everyone helps get the word out there, so that we can have us a great challenge event. This is just the first of many posts to follow with details for this race, so pay attention. I am gonna have to be moving fast in a short time. We are looking at 2 classes this year with a 12.50 split. But we will look at the car counts on raceday and make that call when needed. Payouts are looking to be really good, and we are gonna try and pay farther than usual. Basing on a 32 car field, things look like $600 to win and $400 to R/U, in BOTH classes. Payouts will go farther down of course, but this is just a teaser. Host motel info will follow soon. And we will be having our Friday night BBQ as is tradition. The BBQ is a absolute blast and is looking to be again this year. Entry fee is $50 per car and driver in both classes. And payouts will be the same in both classes. Spectators $10, 12 and under free when accompanied by an adult.

I have got enough interest to make this happen, so we are gonna give it a shot. NO more beating up on your buddies, NO more worrying about who your gonna have to race. We are planning on lanes for Buicks and lanes for Mopars. Of course once one brand begins to overtake the other, we will have to even up the lanes. But the intent is to have the cars race the "other" brand ever pass possible. And at the end of the day if need be we will have a run off for King of Hill between class winners. There will be one marque winner at the end of the day.

So thats about it for now. More info will follow of course. Hope to see some of yall make it up for the fun. Mopars and Buicks .......... get ready !!! It's time...................LET'S GET IT ON

Need info ????????????? Get ahold of me.

buickdav@yahoo.com
785-734-2337(m-w, 7-10 pm cst)

Just saw this!! I plan on being there once again!

I will post this on the other boards that I frequent.

Suddenly, my August just got a little bit better:)

Looking forward to seeing yall there again. We are gonna be needin' all the help we can get from within team Buick. I have heard rumors that this event info is being passed between the Mopar faithful, and they are making "plans''. OBVIOUSLY......they have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

Here is a link to the first flyer that we did to start getting the info out. This is BY FAR not all of our sponsors. We just got this together so that everyone would have something to pass around to their friends. There is motel info there and there is a block of rooms set aside for us. Better get in there quick, I have heard there are folks calling already.

If anyone needs info please feel free to contact me at buickdav@yahoo.com and I will help all I can. It's team Buick against the Mopars yall............let's have some fun.

flyer link:

http://home.austin.rr.com/austinbuicks/Kearney.htm

bump!

This should be posted in the lounge also. More people will see it, maybe more will show up and we can all have a good time there.

bob :cool:

Buicks v's Mopars

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you all know that the time is getting close for the race in Kearney. The payout is going to be great this year !!!!! I look forward to meeting those of you who will be able to make it to the event. A few of you went last year, but I wasnt able to make it, so Dave was on his own.

If anyone has any questions , feel free to email Dave at buickdav@yahoo.com

Thanks
Kris

p.s. I am Daves wife