You can type here any text you want

Ground wire for AC compressor bad

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

Does anyone know where the ground (black) wire going to the A/C compressor runs to exactly? I have an open circuit on this wire and would like to fix it rather than run a new wire.

Or where should I run a new ground wire to, somewhere on the engine, or to the body?

I might have a different issue causing the black wire on the AC compressor to not be grounded....

Does a wire plug into that red thing in the back of the compressor? I don't see one, and can't remember if there was one or not before I replaced the compressor.

You have two wires going to the AC, one underneath the pulley and one on the top backside (which is round and red). Just check Your wire harness for it.

/Andreas

OK I'll check tonight for a red wire, but I looked for 30min and couldnt find the wire to plug into the back of the compressor...

If someone could snap a photo of the red wire at the back of the compressor and where it comes from it might help me remember :)

fixed

I found the problem. The ground wire on the compressor goes to the switch on the back of the compressor. I did not have this plugged in, the connector was hiding underneath the compressor. I plugged it in and the AC is working good again! Thanks for the help!!

Back