You can type here any text you want

GS Nationals Breaking News - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dennis Kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

As most diehard Buick GS/Turbo owners know next May marks the 30th Anniversary of the GS Nationals. A milestone for any national club to achieve.

We are happy to announce Don Garlits will be a special guest that weekend courtesy of ZDDPlus. We were able to recently confirm this with him after we went to one of his events in Florida the other week.

He is a legend in Top Fuel drag racing with 144 national wins. The list of his accomplishments in top fuel would fill this page. Takes a lot of guts to be shoe horned in a dragster pumping out 6,000 plus horsepower and doing over 300 mph in a quarter mile.

So, pass the word to any of your Mopar friends and be sure to bring something for him to autograph! He may bleed Hemi, but this will give him an introduction to the Buick world.

Afterall, drag racers all seek the same satisfaction.....just take different paths to get there. Having spent some time with Don I can tell you he is a hands on drag racer and very approachable.

ZDDPlus and Richard Clark deserve a huge thanks for making this possible. We are currently working on another surprise as well but as of yet we do not have it confirmed.

Don is scheduled to be there Thursday-Friday-Saturday.

This man probably has more quarter mile "seat" time than anyone else I can think of!

So mark your calendar for next May and the GS Nationals!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

As most diehard Buick GS/Turbo owners know next May marks the 30th Anniversary of the GS Nationals. A milestone for any national club to achieve.

We are happy to announce Don Garlits will be a special guest that weekend courtesy of ZDDPlus. We were able to recently confirm this with him after we went to one of his events in Florida the other week.

He is a legend in Top Fuel drag racing with 144 national wins. The list of his accomplishments in top fuel would fill this page. Takes a lot of guts to be shoe horned in a dragster pumping out 6,000 plus horsepower and doing over 300 mph in a quarter mile.

So, pass the word to any of your Mopar friends and be sure to bring something for him to autograph! He may bleed Hemi, but this will give him an introduction to the Buick world.

Afterall, drag racers all seek the same satisfaction.....just take different paths to get there. Having spent some time with Don I can tell you he is a hands on drag racer and very approachable.

ZDDPlus and Richard Clark deserve a huge thanks for making this possible. We are currently working on another surprise as well but as of yet we do not have it confirmed.

Don is scheduled to be there Thursday-Friday-Saturday.

This man probably has more quarter mile "seat" time than anyone else I can think of!

So mark your calendar for next May and the GS Nationals!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I will be there again this year, this is AWESOME NEWS DENNIS-- THANKS!

kirban 2 cents worth

Don Garlits ran his best mph at age 71 in 2003 running 323 mph....since then he now owns car number 1 of the Challenger Drag Pack. Basically a bare bones white Challenger 1 of I believe 50 they intend to build that has no VIN number..

Already he has broken into the 10's with this drag pack Challenger, at age 77...the age most residents in Florida are going to dinner at 3 in the afternoon.

He gets to see more scenery in a 10 second run versus a 5 second run.....his lovely wife of 50 plus years has been bugging him to "slow" down.....

Should be an exciting time.....not to mention a great photo opportunity....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wish I could join in but I won't be able to. My vacation won't be available until August so I won't be there again. Thanks for the heads up though Dennis.

Back