You can type here any text you want

Gt6152

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cochise

What are the best injectors to run with this turbo (GT6152)? I have 42.5s. Also would a lockup or a non lockup 9.5 PI torque converter be better?

Why do you want to run this particular turbo?

What supporting modifications have you done to accomondate it?

What are you trying to achieve?

Has the car ever been to the track? How fast did it go?

A mismatched turbo will make the car slower.. So i'll let you list all the mods and reason for changing to it.. once you have sufficient reasons.. then we'll address the converter and injector deal.

The car is basically stock.(chip, 160F themo, K&N, testpipe and fuel pressure reg.) I am going to start off by adding a fuel pump and hot wire kit and go from there. My step after that would be turbo, injectors and converter.I would add THDP but seams hard to get. I have 42.5 injectors but not sure if they will work with the GT5162. The car has run a best of 12.82 @ 106. I would like to get into the 11's consistantly.

Need a good flowing fp and hot wire, and at least a 3200-3400 stall convertor. For the injectors, if running 24+# of boost, you'll need bigger injectors unless running alky. I had a GT6031E, basically the same turbo just a tad smaller with smaller exhaust wheel for better spoolup and bolted it on my completely stock TTA to test for PT&E, limited boost to only 20# due to stock injectors and it ran the 1/8 at 90mph, time was horrible because of traction and the tight stock convertor, but the mph would have been good for a high 7.x which is pretty good at 20#, that turbo really comes alive at 24#. My GN has basic bolt ons and a GT6131E turbo (same as the GT6152, just with smaller exhaust wheel) and it has ran 7.23 at 96 in the 8th..consequently, I ran that exact same time with the GT6031E that was on the TTA when I installed it on the GN, but at 25# of boost.

Cochise said:
The car is basically stock.(chip, 160F themo, K&N, testpipe and fuel pressure reg.) I am going to start off by adding a fuel pump and hot wire kit and go from there. My step after that would be turbo, injectors and converter.I would add THDP but seams hard to get. I have 42.5 injectors but not sure if they will work with the GT5162. The car has run a best of 12.82 @ 106. I would like to get into the 11's consistantly.

After you do fuel pump and hot wire... do the injectors and chip. Work on getting the car faster than 12.8@106 with the stock turbo.. it can and will go high 11's on a stock turbo at 110-112. So you have some tuneup to throw at it... before changing the turbo.

On stock longblock TTA cars I like the smaller turbo's.. ie the TA49, TE44, PT51, TE60, and the new smaller GT series. Bo here on the board ran 11.34 on a TA49.. consistent 11 second car.. Bigger is not always better.

HTH

Back