GTA Wheels on a 87 stock GN

t_top_GNX87

Hi There and good morning guys. I am a Newbie here and i'm sure this question has been ask. So bear with me and all the help I could get is great. So here it goes.
I have a full set of stock GTA wheels that look like the GNX wheels. ( Stagger size ).. I have a stock 87 Grand National. Can I use these rims on my car without changing wheel studs and without any modifications to the suspension? I have read on these forms i could put the rims mark " Rear" to the front and the rims mark "front" to the rear. Than i also read some type of spacers are needed but not sure if it is for the front or the rear. Or how thick the spacers should be.

You don’t have to change anything suspensionwise. Front OEM GTA wheels will fit on your car front or rear. The rear GTA wheels will need a spacer. Maybe someone could chime in on the size of the spacer and/or if you need longer studs. I believe that the OEM rear GTA wheels have a deeper lip so they would probably look better on the rear of your car.

Or you can run (4) Zero offset (Front) GTA wheels with no spacers. Just bolt em on and GO!

Looks like I was mistaken in that the front GTA wheels have the slightly deeper lip on them (you obviously know since you have them in front of you). I think getting another 2 fronts would be easier in the long run.
This is from a 3rd Gen Firebird Site:
Fronts have a 0 offset, and rears have a +16mm offset. So a "front" on the rear won't sit farther into the wheel well than a "rear," it'll stick out farther... 16mm farther, which is about 5/8".

It should look better, if noticeable at all.

But probably the nicest advantage of having fronts all the way around is that you'll gain the convenience of rotatability. You won't have to pop the tires off and swap them from rim to rim.

You can run that set no problem but it’ll depend on how your body sits on the frame as to what sort of spacer you will need and how big a tire you run. You will have to run the “rear” wheels on the front and the “front” wheels on the rear. The lips look better this way too. The “rears” on the front fit no problem and the “fronts” on the rear I needed a 5/16” spacer to get the tire away from the frame, but I was running 255/50/16s also. 245s shouldn’t be a problem. Here’s my car with those wheels.
A1945578-B69A-4761-B536-FA7DCEE4AAD7.jpeg