You can type here any text you want

guess a track time[friday]

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazygn

10's here i come
Ok guys iam going to the track friday , lets see who can pick my time. I running it un tuned , i know don't do it but i have to i wait no longer. I will be running 93 joe L chip mixed 93 pump gas and 110 cam 2. I will be running 15-17 psi and on 275 50 15 bf drag tires. The car is a 85 grandnational with t-tops and it will be open down pipe to.These are my mods

.30 over
comp cams 206 cam
comp cams lifters and timing chain
Lt1 valve springs
ta33 turbo
sperco fm intercooler
40lb injectors
tps tec
307 pump [ hot wired]
adj reg
ram air kit
87 ecm and maf
atr up pipe
atr down pipe
87 rad
160 stat
posi rear
cr43ts plugs

I will be running 40-42 psi with vac line off fuel press
Lets see some times

14:24......:D hope it goes in the 12's..i think i'll still see ya sunday we should have my tranny strait by then i hope.

still havent got my 51 turbo back.. i called them today and they are suppose to be checking on it. they said it is in the mail already..cool it should run REAL good with that one.

13.2? c'mon man.. a front mount, TA33, and ATR downpipe is worth WAY more than 4 tenths :) not to mention BFG DR's..

hey.. how come youre running such low boost anyway?

I think it will go faster than that...when it gets tuned and more boost. I might be wrong but I think he will have to play with it awhile to get it all straight. I hope I am wrong and he goes alot faster.
Good Luck

Untuned? um.. thats the point of going to the track man, to TUNE IT. It's not like you're only going to make one pass! Run once.. up the boost, fatten it up, lean it out, whatever.. run again.. keep going till it knocks and then back it off a lil bit, thats the simplified way to tune! I gained 6mph and 4 tenths in 4 passes doing that..

With that low of boost, the intercooler and larger turbo will offer little. I say 103mph.

I think i might try a higher boost after it makes it done the first time, if i have the money for alot of cam two i'll up the boost to about 19-22psi and see what it will do. I have a 110 jL chip but i dont want to use it with no scan tool. If i do run 20psi were should i start my fuel press with the vac off.

If i can fix the boost from droping from 20 to 15 i think it should run good. Lot of power at 20 at first but gone at 15psi. I'll also be locking the stall in 2nd to see if it helps.

How much boost should i try with the jl 93 chip and 25% 93oct pump gas and 75% 110 cam2.

thanks guys, kevin:D

leave the stock chip in for SURE.

I had about 7 gals of 93 + 4 gallons of 112.

if you get 4 gallons of race gas, just put FP @ 40psi and boost at 18. run and if you dont feel/hear knock or anything adverse, up boost 1psi...

18psi, with 4 gals of 112 mixed with 7 gals of 93, at 40psi fuel pressure, i got one knock count.. 1.2 degrees EXACTLY at the shift to 3rd, no other knock. you have a WAY more efficient turbo, even at 18psi.. ive heard the stock turbo is completely done at 23psi. A ta33 is going to be putting out WAY cooler air (cooler = denser, remember), at 18psi, 23psi, and beyond. Couple that with the IC and even at 18psi you should, make that you BETTER see a difference. If you dont, you better learn how to tune that car fast :)

I know my car isnt a freak, how come almost no one else has run what I have with what I have?? I'm no tuning guru thats for sure!

My next time @ the track, my goal is a 12. Thats it, i will not be satisfied if I leave the track that day with anything slower than a 12.999. The only changes will be an ATR downpipe, some sticky tires, and a little bit more boost. We'll see if I can drop 6 tenths off.

40psi it is, i have a little work to do to the car before i take it but not much. Thanks for the info. Ok 40 psi fuel press and starting at 18 psi boost any one else going to take a guess.Ijust hope it go's in the 13's but realy want 12's

Originally posted by TType84
leave the stock chip in for SURE.

I know my car isnt a freak, how come almost no one else has run what I have with what I have?? I'm no tuning guru thats for sure!

My next time @ the track, my goal is a 12. Thats it, i will not be satisfied if I leave the track that day with anything slower than a 12.999. The only changes will be an ATR downpipe, some sticky tires, and a little bit more boost. We'll see if I can drop 6 tenths off.

sounds like me dont it Kev.

Yea it does, i probley slowed the motor down with all the money i put in it.If i could run what you have ran the way i go up there i'll be a happy guy.

I have a big puddle of oil or some thing under my car by the tire , its to dark to see what it is have to check when i get up.

Add a new trans am ws6 to my win list. really need to get these drag tires on.

I STILL CANT GET THE TRANS TO SHIFT SO I HAVE TO BABY IT INTO SECOND BEFORE I CAN HIT IT THEN LET OFF BEFORE SHIFTING OUTTA SECOND AND I'VE ALREADY TOOK OUT AN LS1 CAMARO AND A 300 ZX TWIN TURBO...:D

Sorry guys i dont think i'll be at the track friday after all . I put the bf drag tires on a set of old 7' Trims and they hit the inside of the frame , the bf's are 275 50 15 i dont want to run street tires mine are to hard any way.

Maybe some thing will come up i guess i'll be running next friday now . I did lock the stall up and it works great it fills alot faster with it locked.

what kind or old rims?

if they are like old rally wheels the have more backspacing than a g-body wheel like our cars come with factory.

get you some wheel spacers....

dont feel bad i've had my tranny out every night this week going in it and cannot find the problem..:mad:

bad thing is it worked fine when i pulled motor/tranny out

Back