You can type here any text you want

Gun permits and Joining the NRA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The wife and i are going to apply for gun permit/license and join the NRA.
living in NY will most likely mean that they (government) will steel our application money and decline our approval but we will give it a go anyway.
And yes we are both criminal system virgins.
A few questions.
I have been looking for info on the net and came across a few local to me "agency's/shooting ranges " that advertise some sort of help in getting the permits/license, Are these places scams or is there really anything that they can do to help the process?
We do plan on getting some professional training and the proper home safety stuff needed.
Any advice on getting this done would be appreciated.

Does you state or city require you to get a permit for each handgun you purchase and each permit is only valid for a certain amount of time, Like NJ does? Why would they decline you? I live in NJ and I have NEVER been declined or heard anyone that had been declined. Im not sure who can help pursuade that goverment into giving someone a permit. Become a member of the NRA and get your training done by a NRA certified instructor. If you have no record or anything m I find it hard that you would not be approved.

Normally it is an application process with the city/state govt; In NYC you have to come down to Manhattan to do the applications for home permits, etc. I'd start with govt. first and be damn sure your applications/paperwork is in order. (However, ranges in places like FL handle things like concealed-carry training...don't know if L.I. allows this)

Does Long Island's different counties have way different gun laws?

Either way good luck, keep us posted.

Normally it is an application process with the city/state govt; In NYC you have to come down to Manhattan to do the applications for home permits, etc. I'd start with govt. first and be damn sure your applications/paperwork is in order. (However, ranges in places like FL handle things like concealed-carry training...don't know if L.I. allows this)

Does Long Island's different counties have way different gun laws?

Either way good luck, keep us posted.

i think so.

Back