H&R moter mount INSTALL TIME?

Whistle Pig

Just contimplating changing the drivers moter today. Can anybody tell me how long it may take? TIA Kevin

For just 1 mount, 4-6 hrs maybe ... but I tend to work verrry slow.
This is assuming you're just using jackstands to lift the front end of the car.
I'm sure others will say they've done it in as little as an hour.

I'd suggest lifting the car frame about 15-18", so the front wheels hang down all the way. Then remove the front wheel and you'll have MUCH better access thru the wheel well.

I'd also suggest having a 2x10 wood board (or similar) cut 10" long, use this to support the bottom of the engine oil pan. You will need to jack the engine up a few inches.

I also drilled a 1" hole in the board , where the oil drain plug goes, so the wood board would sit completely flat against the entire oil pan.

Others have warned that the weight of the engine may compress the pan gasket, and so to be sure to re-torque the pan bolts (although my gasket didn't appear to compress any, and my pan bolts wouldn't take any more torque).

Thanks Tom I will take your sugestions and attemt it next weekend. Would you beleive we have snow coming in in N.H ? :mad:

I replaced my drivers side motor mount a while back....went pretty easy until it was time to re-install the front most bolt thru the mount into the block. Could barely hold it in place with one fingertip but couldn't turn it by hand or with a wrench. Eventually I wrapped some string around it...held it in place with the fingertip and pulled the string...ziiip...threaded right in where I was able to finish it off with a wrench.

It's a nice high quality mount...think you'll like it.

Bob Kolhouse